BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny threads

See: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=10&message.id=335#M335

"This issue is with LabVIEW , not mathscript."

Still, I decided to post in the academic board with a post labeled "mathscript in labview"

"I am using the mathscript in the Labview enviroment."

I have yet to find anyone using mathscript outside labview but I keep looking ...

"I am not asking how to use mathscript, rather I am asking how to use a particular node in LabVIEW."

That "particular node" is in fact the mathscript node, but these are unimportant details.

"I perfectly know how to use mathscript."

except I have no idea how to do this specific very simple task in mathscript and that's why I'm asking here in the academic forum. The experts in the mathscript forum probably know less than me, because I am already a mathscript expert.  This question is so hard that it probably needs a seasoned academic rocket scientist preofessor emeritus.

"My question relates to LabVIEW enviroment."

...but more specifically the mathscript node. but not really...yes...maybe... wait ... this is confusing. Why am I bringing up the environment. Are we talking about global warming...back to mathscript...hmmm...actually LabVIEW...

Who's on first?

Message 91 of 537
(16,895 Views)

That's hilarious, altenbach

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

BR
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 537
(16,894 Views)
Until I read the thread in the link, I thought Altenbach was kidding!!  😄
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 537
(16,894 Views)
Why don't we all apply the Infinite_monkey_theorem approach to create great LabVIEW programs???? 

DJ101 wrote:
I randomly applied certain SubVIs given in Lab-View, and finally found the right combination to decode the data.

Apparently, it seems to work for some of us just fine. Darwin would be proud. 🙂
One major problen though: we have to find out what the code actually does! tricky! 😄

Quoted from here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=230667#M230667

Message 94 of 537
(16,851 Views)
YKIGTBABDW...

Not sure whether this one is mentioned before in this thread...Quite funny, considering the fact that even after repeated attemts by Dennis K. to draw attention to the date of the post (April '05), even today 'freelancers' respond to this post.

Message Edited by Kallis on 03-11-2007 01:18 PM

BR
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 537
(16,727 Views)

From Info LabVIEW:

Some select quotes from a company (Axis cameras) which was asked for support in decoding the data coming from a camera and decided they could not write a sample program because they don't have LV:

• "Labview is seldom used to say the least..."
  • "...a development environment outside of the norm..."
  • "...anyone using Labview has probably encountered hurdles throughout their entire product development."
  • "It's something that apparently virtually no one uses."

Michael Ross in response:

"Oh, let them eat semicolons."

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@tst wrote:
"...anyone using Labview has probably encountered hurdles throughout their entire product development."
I certainly prefer the 1 inch high hurdles in LabVIEW over the 6 foot hurdles in other programming environments. 😄
Message 98 of 537
(16,681 Views)
clerf to the rescue!

Crelf  "homework hustler".   Smiley Very Happy  I like it!!!!  I have mentioned in the past that we get an upsurge in certain types of questions at various times during the normal academic cycle. Very frequently we get a number of very similar questions posed by those that are obviously new to our beloved development environment that is so unfortunately so rarely used in the real world and so often poses almost insurmountable problems in its use!
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 537
(16,601 Views)