BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eureka!

I should probably be ashamed to admit it but here goes my eureka moment for today.

Nathand posted in reply #9 of this thread this image

I think it was Mark Twain that wrote "If yo only have a hammer everything looks like a nail." So I guess I am a "one hammer" guy.

What was my eureka?

The single element bundle (not Bundle by Name, aka my hammer) solves the problem of having a 2d array were the were different numbers of collumns in each row. I must have tracked the sub-array lenght a thousand times over the years never thinking that I could use a simple "Bundle".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 21 of 48
(13,266 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I should probably be ashamed to admit it but here goes my eureka moment for today.

Nathand posted in reply #9 of this thread this image

The single element bundle (not Bundle by Name, aka my hammer) solves the problem of having a 2d array were the were different numbers of collumns in each row. I must have tracked the sub-array lenght a thousand times over the years never thinking that I could use a simple "Bundle".

Ben

That is the exact same way I USED to do itSmiley SurprisedSmiley Embarassed

Thanks

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 48
(13,252 Views)

Jeff Bohrer wrote:That is the exact same way I USED to do itSmiley SurprisedSmiley Embarassed

I guess nobody ever looks at my posts. 😄           (Or also all the way back to 2005... )

Message 23 of 48
(13,243 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Oh man, this is one of those "I thought everybody knew this" ideas that I discarded as a potential Nugget post.  Lesson learned... 🙂

I'll post this as an occasional nugget soon.

Message 24 of 48
(13,236 Views)

@Ben wrote:

The single element bundle (not Bundle by Name, aka my hammer) solves the problem of having a 2d array were the were different numbers of collumns in each row.

Bundle by name seems nearly equivalent (except for the need to wire the type) with the advantage of better implicit documentation. In newer LabVIEW versions you can even iconify the cluster template.

Message 25 of 48
(13,224 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Jeff Bohrer wrote:That is the exact same way I USED to do itSmiley SurprisedSmiley Embarassed

I guess nobody ever looks at my posts. 😄           (Or also all the way back to 2005... )

Damn! that's about 10,000 more posts I need to read!  Smiley LOL

Good thing Nathand read that!Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 26 of 48
(13,234 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Oh man, this is one of those "I thought everybody knew this" ideas that I discarded as a potential Nugget post.  Lesson learned... 🙂

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Damn! that's about 10,000 more posts I need to read!  Smiley LOL

Timely and timeless:

http://xkcd.com/1053/

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 27 of 48
(13,199 Views)

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Consider me one of the 10,000.

Message 28 of 48
(13,190 Views)

So I was not alone in overlooking this option.

I'll try to remeber to show my igonorance on a more regular basis.

Christian,

With the schedule I have lately, just scanning the titles on the LV board is a challenge to keep up with.

Darren,

For the sake of completeness nuggetize it. But don't be suprised if it does not get a bunch of accolades since it was just Eurekanized.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 48
(13,178 Views)

LOL, my dyslexia just kicked in. Was skimming the post and read Eurekanized as Euthanized

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 30 of 48
(13,169 Views)