BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

Heavy snow in the Cascades this weekend, so feel free to stop by.  Help yourself to some coffee!

Me, I'm putting on the rain gear and heading to the Sounders game.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 229
(11,110 Views)

ugh... i wanna go play in the snow 😞

But... fresh tires on the dirtmobile (knobbies with knobs are the best!) and it's going to be about 80°F here ... gotta get the bike muddy again since i washed it yesterday. Smiley Wink

(High of 44°F and chance of snow tomorrow... Smiley LOL)

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 229
(11,099 Views)

Wish I could go play in 80deg weather...but 1) It's 46deg out; and 2) I have to wait for my broken foot to heal up enough for me to be able to run on it without too much pain.

<grumble>

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 229
(11,087 Views)

Diane,

Why did you break your foot?  Wasn't it in perfect working condition?  Were you upset about the color, size, smell, feel?

😉

We're enjoying >50F weather.  We may have to import Maple sirup from the US this year 😞

Climate changes will certainly be interesting.. I'm already curious to how this summer will unfold..

Hope your foot cures quickly.

Message 24 of 229
(11,055 Views)

Partly sunny and 61 today!  Smiley Very Happy   Broken foot or no broken foot, it was necessary for me to go out and play.  Fortunately I'm reasonably adept with my left foot.  My right foot never quite let me forget about its condition, so I exercised caution and restraint...and passed a lot.  I'm a lousy dribbler anyway.

Ray, in fact my foot was not in perfect working condition before I broke it.  There was that small matter of a fraying peroneal tendon at the attachment point...and the small tear in my Achilles.  There's that old saw about having to destroy something in order for something better to take its place, but it turns out that it does not apply to feet.

NOW they tell me.

I will say that my foot is more colorful now, as well as being a slightly different size and shape.  I'm not sure I made any improvements, mind you, but it is different.

Thank you for the kind wishes!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 229
(11,039 Views)

I sympathize with your foot plight-  I managed to fully recover from breaking one in two places a year ago (Tought the Dr that you CAN break the great meta tarsel just behind the toe-  He was certain you couldn't-  X-rays showed differently)

At least this time it wasn't your neck!  Get well soon!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 26 of 229
(11,031 Views)

Jeff...impressive!  How on earth did you manage to do that?!  That is not an easy bone to break...that is, unless you break a few other things, too.  Glad to hear you recovered, did you need surgery?  That would be a nasty recovery.

Believe me, I will do my darndest to ensure that my neck remains intact henceforth...once was plenty.

Thank you for the good wishes!  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 229
(11,023 Views)

Ray, Sorry about hijacking your thread... If the world ends, it does not make any difference, right?

Diane,

Many years ago I broke a bone in my left foot by blowing a thirty pound brass valve off the discharge connection of a fire pump operating at ~100 psi.  Not knowing it was broken I ran six miles the next day.  Now I have come off a year of recovering from plantar fascitis and the doctor doubts I will be able to run without pain.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Lynn

Message 28 of 229
(11,021 Views)

Good gracious, Lynn!

I do understand, though.  The second time I broke this foot, I did not quite realize it was broken and played on it for the rest of the summer.  I had a bone scan for an unrelated condition (that peroneal tendon, as it happens -- led to my first ankle surgery) early that fall and my surgeon asked if I'd been aware that my foot was broken.  I said no.  That earned me a head shake and rolled eyes.

(For those of you who are curious, this is the 5th time I've broken my right foot.  I've only broken the left foot once.  Guess which one's my dominant foot?)

Plantar fasciitis can hang on forever.  Are you using those splints at night that keep your feet flexed?  I hope you aren't developing the bone spurs on your heel, those usually have to be removed surgically.  That being said, a good pair of custom orthotics, physical therapy, and good care should enable you to run without pain.   You sound like you are a distance runner?  I get bored and whiny when I just run...I require a ball and opponents.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for the good wishes, and I send good wishes in return for your eventual return to pain-free running!  Heal, plantar fascia!  HEAL!

d

P.S.  I think the world tried to end last Tuesday, but someone had the "run continuously" button pressed.  See, that button CAN come in useful! 

Message 29 of 229
(11,018 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Ray, Sorry about hijacking your thread... If the world ends, it does not make any difference, right?

Lynn

No problem Lynn,

We must have fun before it ends.. Well.. I plan to keep having fun well into the late 20XX..

Message 30 of 229
(11,011 Views)