BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to share

Twelve years ago I taught a LabVIEW class in San Diego.  The guy at the rental car place (which was in a particularly bad part of town) looks at my business card and says, "National Instruments...what, are you some kind of musician?"

Somewhat relatedly, the rental car broke down two days later and they had to send me a taxi to get another one.

Message 11 of 15
(7,153 Views)

This is far better to my experience.

I completed M.Sc Instrumentation and some of the people from remote colleges also joined along with me.

Once after we became good friends one of my friend told me " I thought Instrumentation means some study on musical instruments thats why I joined" Smiley Surprised

We had a very good laugh on that for an hour Smiley LOL

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 12 of 15
(7,142 Views)

Please forgive if I have posted this previously (Yair Smiley Wink )

I was working in the condensed matter physics labs at the University of Pittsburgh doing computer and electronic stuff. One of the professors had a challenge in mind for me and asked me..

Prof: Ben, do you know LabVIEW?

Having been through a bunch of languages already I figured it was just another language that I could figure out responded...

Ben: "G I don't know. But I could probably figure it out."

It took me two years to realize that was a bad pun.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 15
(7,134 Views)

I was all excited about your using electronics, etc., at the condensed matter lab until I realized it wasn't a distillery! Sorry, one of the trivia questions on the Mardi Gras themed wine tour Kerry and I went on this weekend had a bad pun relating the the winery's sister distillery.

Along the original theme, I was in Austin for NIWeek, wearing my 6i T-shirt that said "Got Diagrams?" on it. Went into the H.E.B (grocery store chain down there) and had the store's pharmacist come up to me laughing, saying he had initially read it as "Got Diaphragms?"

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 14 of 15
(7,111 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Twelve years ago I taught a LabVIEW class in San Diego.  The guy at the rental car place (which was in a particularly bad part of town) looks at my business card and says, "National Instruments...what, are you some kind of musician?"

"Something like that"

Message 15 of 15
(7,057 Views)