From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

George Soros looks to Germany to save the Euro giving it three months.

Concidering the run on the banks in Greece and the uptick of barter systems trading for cigarettes and the like, that "Gold Bubble" looks like it still has more inflating to do before the game plays out.

I am not trying to change anyones mind. I only intend to do a "watch out for the low branch" thing.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 2,258
(9,863 Views)

@alfa1 wrote:

Wise people care about politics, sport or what colour to paint his bedroom...

What about painting the bathroom?

It's really nice to have a shower again.  And a toilet. :umph

0 Kudos
Message 132 of 2,258
(9,845 Views)

I see you have an inspector checking out the flooring. Always good to have new work inspected. Smiley LOL

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 133 of 2,258
(9,838 Views)

There's something to be said about the "artificial" rise in the price of gold (and silver), but there's much more to be said about the devaluation of the US dollar.  Gold shouldn't increase in value (unless someone discovers an exciting new way to use it) but it will increase in price as long as the Fed keeps printing and printing and printing...

The housing bubble was different.  People actually thought/expected that their houses were increasing in value when the artifically low interest rates and availability of money to borrow simply increased the prices.  Same thing can be said of higher education or any bubble.

I'm curious to see how gold plays out, but until then, I'd like to bill my time in terms of the price of gold...  I'll write that test for whatever three ounces of gold is going for at the end of the job!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 134 of 2,258
(9,830 Views)

Re: bathroom

I have the exact same base, basin, and faucet!

Re: Transylvania

See my link above regarding the George the monitary impailer.

Re: Gold

I have already sat down in the owners office to insist he have gold to pay us and secure any hardware we are re-selling from NI since hyper-inflation will greatly copmlicate pricing hardware. He may have taken me up on that offer since gold was one of the gifts given at our annual meeting.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 135 of 2,258
(9,826 Views)

I heard about this on the 'mews' this morning.

Had to take 'pause' when I saw the first picture.

Wonder how he flies with a 'stiff tail' wind.

He did it 'fur' artistic purposes.

Probably the only cat that comes to you when you want it to. Can you imagine seeing that hovering outside your window (he needs some bright red LED's in his eyes)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154283/Cats-away-Artist-turns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-ki...

-AK2DM

P.S I am a cat lover, hope none takes offense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 136 of 2,258
(9,821 Views)

I saw that on the "Weird News" list this morning. Not what I would have thought to do with a dead cat. A cat that can hover. Weird indeed.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 137 of 2,258
(9,820 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Probably the only cat that comes to you when you want it to. Can you imagine seeing that hovering outside your window (he needs some bright red LED's in his eyes)

I would suggest lasers.

Flying cats with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads....

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 138 of 2,258
(9,807 Views)

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

I would suggest lasers.

Flying cats with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads....

ROFL

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 139 of 2,258
(9,804 Views)

And Eduard Khil, Trolololololo, passed away this weekend. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 140 of 2,258
(9,915 Views)