NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

1. We will consider each features defined by opc ua, but cannot gaurantee if a specific feature will be implemented in the future or not. It depends on the requirement and feedback. So, how do you want to use the method? What kind of use case it is?

2. It's because this is just a web download, which is not integrated into our runtime engine. So, the runtime engine doesn't include the required VI and library.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Uploaded again: 2e8ca801-2992-4c54-92ec-05c7e0cffb6e.zip

Here is the contents

-rw-rw-rw-   1 xxxx root   82 Apr  5  2012 2e8ca801-2992-4c54-92ec-05c7e0cffb6e.txt
  -rw-rw-rw-   1 xxxx root93573 Apr  5  2012 aa5df164-e271-4532-808f-094366cb38ec.dmp
  -rw-rw-rw-   1 xxxx root  629 Apr  5  2012 lvlog.txt

Hope this works

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Thanks, Ryan, for your consideration.

UC#1: support object address space browsing, from root, ie. i=84. This support will enable client to test connectivity and to know the capability and the namespaces and variable naming scheme of the server application.

The server will list all the direct child nodes for a given node.

UC#2: On realtime engine, ex. cRIO, the server should return discovered URL with its IP, instead of localhost.

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 150
(4,328 Views)

The crash in the memory dump seems to be a known issue which has already been fixed.

Can you give me your client program, and tell me how to set it up? I want to reproduce the crash.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Thanks Ryan, for looking into this.

I've uploaded the java program: myclient.java.

I could not upload the ProsysOPC jar. They are evaluation copy and expired. You can download from their site.

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Thanks for your answers. About methods, the point is to substitute the use of variables to do action, like commercial PLC. In my environment I have a commercial SCADA system that communicates using OPC DA with a intermediate level; this level transforms the OPC variables into tcp/ip commands or datasocket read/write depending on the field protocol. Commands are trasferred using set/reset of variables. Now we are programming and testing the evolution of this architecture. To have or not methods changes the approach. Obviously we can continue with set/reset of variables.

Sandro

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Forgot to mention that to reproduce the issue,

1. start Server.vi from the download; I am using 2011 Evaluation copy.

2. run the java client on the same box. My test is run on Windows XP.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 150
(4,328 Views)

thank you. I have got the SDK from prosys. I'll try to set it up.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Since OPC UA is now shipping with LabVIEW 2011 SP1 DSC and Real-Time Module, I guess this API has graduated out of NI Labs.  Is the shipping version in 2011 SP1 the same?  Has any new features been added?  If not, when can we expect any updates or new features to the API.  I almost forget to mention, thanks for making this a free API with RT and DCS.

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 150
(4,328 Views)

Basically it's same. It includes some bug fix. It also addes a new VI to create certificate.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 150
(4,328 Views)