From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cDAQ-9191 Mobile Device Support Discussion

Chris: Could you direct me to information about where you are in this effort.  There is significant interest as you well know to provide wireless solutions for patient monitoring in hospital and out of hospital.  Having the ability to stream data to a Android, tablet, etc is what is coming to a  hospital near you.  Having NI engage in this space makes a lot of sense to me and I'll like to know more about what you've done to date. 

Kindest Regards

bill Crone

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Bill - What information would you like to know? It sounds like there are 2 different offerings that could be useful to you. This discussion is related to iOS and Android support for the cDAQ-9191 chassis. We hope to addition additional C Series module support, but it will be based on demand. Another option to consider is the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW. You can see all of NI's mobile apps at ni.com/mobile.

Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Hi, Chris. I posted a question back in April, 2012 and I was wondering whether there are any plans to incorporate the following features:

1). display data in real-time rather than in blocks of data (e.g. SR100 Hz, Samples (Width Size) 10000S) - the data is plotted continuously and pushed along the 100s window.

2). display the full data set once you stop the continuous data collection - plus have the option to scroll/zoom along the data set (something which you currently provide for the last batch of data).

It would be great for the CSV file to include a time stamp (even for the start of the data collection).The iPad/iPhone is running NTP so it allows the time sync of data between devices measuring at remote locations (at least in theory - need to test the jitter/accuracy).

I also noticed that you only store the last batch of data rather than the continuous/full data set. This means that for the example above, I can only store the last 10000S of data (~ 100s). If I use higher SR - the data window is even shorter. (I guess I have not missed something).

You might wish to check iDVM for some of these features - it would be great if the NI app could support these features as well providing the hardware is so much more capable.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 47
(2,294 Views)

InfraSense - We did see your previous post and appreciate the feedback. I agree that they are valuable features. At this time I don't have any news on our plans, but will keep you updated here when I have new information.

Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Hi Chris,

we would really enjoy mobile device support for NI 9213 and 9217 series modules .

We have multiple modules of these types and we are eager to read data to quickly test the connected sensors.

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Dear Chris D,

Initially, I would like to congratulate you and your team for the great work on the NI cDAQ-9191 firmware upgrade and the new Web API. I believe this is the best move done from NI regarding solutions for tablets. I purchased a cDAQ-9191 and downloaded the Web API documentation. As an Android developer, I would like to know if you have plans to release examples with source code for Android too (I just found examples for iOS devices)

Thanks

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Hello,

Just purchased a 9191.... while waiting for it to arrive discovered this thread....

Will this approach work with the 9213 thermocouple module?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Hi,

I was just curious about the current development status of the app. I have a job that requires me to acquire voltage signals like a multimeter (several samples/s) scale them (using a combination of  +-*/ and exp) and display them on a smartphone. While logging the voltages would be nice only the current values are really needed. I was considering using a computer with labview to do the acquistion etc. and then send the data to the phone via data dashboard but after looking at this app, the ability to commicate directly would make things simpler.

Is there any plans to add numeric indicators with scaling functionality to this app?

John

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Can cDAQ-9191 and 9239 24 bit A/D module work with the App at iOS?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 47
(2,294 Views)

Dear Chris,

I tell you that I was trying to connect my iPAD using the application. I have done all the steps described in the support, however my iPAD cant see the device (cDAQ-9191).

I have the cDAQ-9191 (with 9215c module) connected to a router in a network and I'm using DHCP for all the devices, so I can configure and read all data in my computer, and I can make applications using LabVIEW. However my Ipad cant see the device in the network even I have updated the firmware version, please I need help, there is an aditional step to configure the communication betewn my ipad and the cDAQ-9191?

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 47
(2,294 Views)