LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA Product Feedback and Suggestions

Can you post a screenshot of what see in the IDE in terms of the upload errors?

Which Arduino board are you using?

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 82
(1,614 Views)

LIFA Arduino upload error.png

Now I notice all the redfinitions are in the LabVIEWInterface header file which is dated 12/13/2011

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Hmm,

You don't have an old copy of the LabviewInterface stored away in the Arduino libraries directory do you? Or another copy of the header file open in memory?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 82
(1,614 Views)

The LabVIEWInterface.h file has "Last Updated: Dec 2011" at about line 8 (scrolled off in the screen shot).

Apparently VI Package Manager created the folder LVIFA_Base_old for the old files, which does contain the old LabVIEWInterface.h.  I even renamed it.

I've searched all the firmware files and don't find any of the alledgedly redefined variables being declared anywhere else.  Looks to me like a compilier issue.  How do I know that VI Package Manager installed all of the correct *.h and *.cpp files?

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Based on your screenshot it looks like you have the correct files. Maybe .zip up the old directory and see if that fixes it?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Hy, I`m using arduino mega1280 and labview 2010, everything is working proprelly except the digital input. To be more clearly if i`m using the Arduino environment to read the digital input pins, I`m able to read the correct value, but when I`m using the Labview environment the only value that shows up at the digital read VI is 0. All of this happend after I reinstaled Labview  at the begining of january.I belive than the culprit may be LVIFA_base.pde updated in december, before this it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Hey cipri,

Check out post 17 of this thread:https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/11462?start=15&tstart=0 for a fix.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Thanks for answaring in such a short notice, now it works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 82
(1,614 Views)

The Arduino redefinition error is caused by *.ino and *.pde versions of LVIFA_Base and LabVIEWInterface files in the LVIFA_Base folder.  Probably caused when VI Package Manager replaced the old LIFA to LIFA 2.0.  Removing LVIFA_Base.ino and LabVIEWInterface.ino fixes the problem.

Rich

Message 69 of 82
(1,614 Views)

Thats for the update Rich,

I have my arduino IDE set to not automatically convert from pde to ino so thats probably why I didn't see this.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 82
(1,614 Views)