LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA Product Feedback and Suggestions

Hey Mike,

I wasn't aware of that behavior but I looked a little more into it and found this:http://quarkstream.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/arduino-6-analog-output-for-loops/  Currently we don't have the toolkit set up to support this behavior but it is definitely something we could look at for Rev 2.1 of the toolkit. It looks like what is actually done is pulsing one of the digital output pins to get a certain voltage. To set this up you need to use tha analogWrite command which we don't currently have set up in the toolkit.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hi Kevin.

I am not trying to do an AnalogWrite cause I only need a specific digital output, either High or Low at the Analog pins, that is why I only need digitalWrite. I know you guys do not have the AnalogWrite implemented, but I do not need it, I need only digitalWrite to work on the Analog pins.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hey Mike,

I got it now. Sorry for the confusion. I believe it should work if you pass pin number 54-69 (for A0-A15) to the digital write and setPinMode.  The check for pin in range is going to say those are out of range but if you either update or remove that I think you should be good to go.

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 43 of 82
(2,023 Views)

LIFA doesn't include support for the Arduino counter/timers?  I want to measure pulse width.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hey RLD,

LIFA does not support the Arduino counters (in the Arduino Frequency Counter Library). Depending on the frequency of signal you are trying to measure you may be able to get a good approximation with a digital input.  We may add support for the counters in the future if there is demand for it.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hi Kevin.

First of all I want to thank you for your great help, it worked beautifully!!! How did you came up with such idea? I would have never figure that one out....It took me almost one week of trying different things till I decided to throu this question here and there you were with the answer to my question in no time. Thanks again, very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hey Mike,

I looked up the pin number defined as A0 in the pins_arduino.h file of the Arduino 1.0 firmware.  Since our code can't resolve what A0 is we need to give it the actual pin number instead of the named pin number. 

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 82
(2,023 Views)

For stepper motor control, it would be useful to have ability to set an Initial Speed when using Acceleration.  Acceleration is typically used when the stepper motor is not capable of immediately starting at its maximum speed.  The control implementation right now starts the acceleration at 0 speed and gradually ramps up to the maximum speed.  A motor might be capable of starting out at a nonzero speed that is less than its maximum.  That would decrease the time required for it to reach (by acceleration) it maximum speed.  There are times when one wants overall motion to occur at the fastest speed possible but the motor cannot start out at that fastest speed so it has to accelerate to that speed.  Being able to start out at a non-zero speed would decrease the time required to reach the maximum speed adn thus the overall motion would complete quicker.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 82
(2,023 Views)

I have arduino uno .I want to take input on pin 6 and from that I want to create an output.I have arduino toolkit(LIFA). In what way I can show that input has come in labview through LED and also I want to show output LED on labview.

I am attaching my vi also .........

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 82
(2,023 Views)

Hey Yogesh8418,

I would start by taking a look at this example:https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16067 of doing an analog read. If you have questions on that I would start a new thread so people are more likely to look at it.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 82
(2,023 Views)