IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with CAN on cRIO using LabVIEW 8.2

I am working with a few others to convert some LabVIEW 7.1 code for cRIO over to LabVIEW 8.2 and am running into trouble. We have isolated the source of the problem to CAN. For the application, we are using two cRIO-9853 modules. The rest of our FPGA nd I/O run fine. We have confirmed this by running versions of the code without any CAN FPGA I/O blocks.  With the CAN I/O blocks, the FPGA updates very very slowly.

We tried running the “CAN Basic.lvproj” available from the Example files with LabVIEW 8.20, updated to our RIO and modules of course. The VI ran very slow as before, then when we tried to transmit a signal to the CAN bus, we received the following error message:   

Error 65538 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

CompactRIO:  (Hex 0x10002) The operation failed to complete in time. Make sure the module is not busy and the system is configured properly.

We have updated the software on the cRIO to 8.2 Is there something else we need to do to configure the FPGA or CAN modules?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,647 Views)
Forgot to mention this above: when we put the FPGA in emulator mode, the code (even with CAN I/O blocks) runs and updates very fast. I'm not sure if that means anything, but thought it might help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,645 Views)

I was trying to perform the CAN Basic example on a 9853 as well.  This is my first CAN project, so I just wanted to do the loopback in order to see that I can send and receive messages.  I get the same error as above for my "Read" I/O node.  Any suggestions??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,658 Views)

This forum is for IF-RIO only. You will likely have better luck asking your cRIO question in the Real Time Measurement Board: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/bd-p/280

T
hat board covers: cRIO, R Series, FlexRIO, and sbRIO

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,653 Views)

Sorry, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,650 Views)