LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lego and DAQ

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for your help. But seems like your file was created in the version 11 of labView whereas mine is 10. So I cant open the file.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 35
(3,042 Views)

Hi Jolanta,

My apologies. Here is the vi for LabVIEW 2010.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

"I've looked into the reset button, the science is impossible!"
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 35
(3,040 Views)

Thanks Benjamin 

You have been really great. I will work on this and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks a ton again

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 35
(3,038 Views)

Hi Benjamin I ran this file. Got the current voltage reading by my laser sensor. In case of light sensor attached to the nxt port 3, the output waveform remains stuck in 100 as scaled value and no LED is glowing. I am sure the NXT is attached and detected. didnt really understand this

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 35
(3,020 Views)

Hi Jolanta,

Are you using USB or bluetooth to connect to your NXT? When you connected your NXT did you get a promt from LabVIEW to upgrade the firmware? You can check the connection to the NXT and upgrade the firmware in the NXT Terminal. In Labview if you go to Tools>>NXT Terminal you can see the NXT's current status. Click on the Update Firmware button to reload the firmware, this normally fixes a lot of issues.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(3,005 Views)

I updated the firmware, the results remained unchanged. The LED of the sensor does not glow, and the colour sensor waveform amplitude remains on 100 which is scaled value. and the nxt is connected via USB,

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(3,002 Views)

sorry benjamin but i think I am a bit worried as my plan was to scan the object using laser sensor and use lego midstorms as X-Y table to hold and move the sensor and acquire X,Y and Z co-ordinates of that object. I think this will be a difficult task. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(2,999 Views)

Can you try running the NXT Motors instead of reading the light sensor value?

Maybe try and get the Lego XY table bit working separately before trying to combine everything.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(2,993 Views)

Hi Jolanta,

Are you using a color sensor on your NXT in port 3? if you are you need to change the code i sent you to read an input from the color sensor on port 3. I have attached a screenshot on how to do this.

Please let me know if you get a reading.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 35
(2,981 Views)

Thanks Benjamin. The sensor is giving the values now. I think the next task will be I should build Lego in such a way that it holds the LASER sensor and moves it in X-Y direction. But then I am not sure of how to acquire X,Y,Z co-ordinates of an object beng scanned.

Thanks

Jolanta

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(2,971 Views)