VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded data logger

Hi.

I have tried to use the embedded data logger included in Veristand 2011 and it works but when I try to use the workspace control it appears the next message:

Error embedded.png

I have opened the vi just to compile it in Labview 2011 but I cannot because there are several errors. Does anyone have this addon working on V2011?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,897 Views)

Hello Allende,

Does the VI you've compile, call subVI?

You can force to recompile the entire hierachie of the VI with Ctrl+Shift+Run button (see this link)

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,763 Views)

There are two issues here that cause the Workspace control included with the 2009 web-version of the Embedded Data Logger not to work:

1. As you saw, the Workspace control was compiled with LabVIEW 2009, and therefore it cannot be loaded into the LabVIEW 2011 Run-Time Engine, which NI VeriStand 2011 uses. The control would have to be resaved in LabVIEW 2011. However...

2. The Embedded Data Logger that ships with NI VeriStand 2011 is different than the web-version for NI VeriStand 2009. The control will not work without code modifications, some of which are fairly involved.

For now I would recommend interacting with the Embedded Data Logger directly through its channels, such as the trigger, log command and status channel. The channels have descriptions that you can view in the Channel Data Viewer to help you make sense of the enumerated values for the various commands.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,751 Views)