From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WSN for accelerometer sensor

Hi Abh,

If you want to use the low-power feature of the WSN nodes, then you should not have a program running continuously in the node. In order to save battery, these nodes enter a sleep mode and wake up only for data acquisition at certain intervals. Besides, if you try to create a Spectral Measurements VI in the WSN VI block diagram, you won’t be able to do so. However, the node will be connected to a WSN Gateway; if it’s a WSN 9792, then you will be able to run the FFT in there. Then you can transmit the data in the frequency domain from the WSN-9792 to the host computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,970 Views)

Hi,

Yes , you are right i am having WSN 9792 gateway and we have implemented FFT over there and then trying to take the data. But the node sampling rate is too slow for FFT that the data shown in Graph is not valid or you can say not proper.

Shall i store about 30 samples on the node and then give it to the WSN gateway 9792 is it sufficient or do i need to do folow some other concept.please help me regarding this.We have already made the VI for this , if you can have a look pls tell me i will forward it to you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,969 Views)