LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Interface for Coldfire M52259

Hi

I am trying to create a LabVIEW interface to an embedded control systems that uses Coldfire M52259 as its microprocessor.  I would like this LabVIEW interface to be a simple input/ouput data display.  If possible, I would like to send some commands like start/stop to the microprocessor.  Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,496 Views)

I'm not familiar with the board so I did a little search and found this site. Seems like you have to build a firmware first that can open a communication channel (serial, USB, ethernet...) then you can use LabVIEW to communicate to it. If you would like to use the serial or USB approach you can build your VIs based on VISA APIs.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,491 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.  Can please point me to any related examples?  Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,482 Views)

you can start looking at the examples installed locally. Open the NI Example Finder and open the folder called Hardware Input and Output. You can also check the ones on the system folders under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW XXXX\examples

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(5,472 Views)