Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong results using quadrature encoders with NI DAQCard-6036E

(up)

any help?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(869 Views)

I think i have the same problem with an 6025E board. I use the 2 counters of my board 6025e, one count the command send to a servo controler (generated by a dspic) and the second count the encoder signal. I use p0.6 and p0.7 as counter direction terminal.

The command send by the dsPic (on 1st counter) is correct : the software interface of the servo controler indicate that the servo reache the desired position and the second counter of the 6025E (wich count the encoder signal) is agree with that.

But the first counter ( wich count the pulse instruction to the servo controler) count bad. All my card (dspic and scb100) are ground referenced and the wire connected to the 6025e is shielded.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(832 Views)

I had an almost identical problem as the OP, but with a different differential encoder and DAQ. On the suggestion of NI tech support, I connected both the /A and /B encoder outputs to digital ground on the DAQ, and the encoder counts based on the A and B channels were then correct and directionally symmetric.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(761 Views)