SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "SDK Hardware Key Not Found." ????

I'm trying to connect a LabVIEW VI to Signal Express.  I took the original VI, inserted it into a template, wired the connector pane (successfully, I think), turned the template into a library, then turned it into a source distribution (which processed successfully).  Then I went into Signal Express, Add Step, LabView 8.2 and above (I have 8.5), selected a VI that I wanted it to open (I chose the template) and got the picture of the template to appear in the "Configure" tab picture window,  and some of the subVI's to be listed off to the left under the Template's name in the section for "Add Step".  Everything looks fine, but when I click "Run" I get an error message that says "SDK Hardware Key Not Found.  Insert Key to continue." Does anyone know what key it is referring to?  Or any other conspicuous place that I seem to have done things incorrectly?

Thank you for your time,

Physics Aide

Message Edited by Physics Aide on 10-03-2008 10:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(10,731 Views)

Physics Aide,

What version of Signal Express are you using?  Are you using the full version or LE?  Are you able to verify that the VI that you created runs properly from the source distribution?

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(10,684 Views)

I am using Labview version 8.5 and Signal Express Tektronix edition.  I am using the full version and the Vi that I created runs our equipment (before I created a source distribution and after).  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Physics Aide

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(10,632 Views)

Hi Physics Aide,

If you look in the National Instrument's License Manager, do you see your version of Signal Express listed as Activated?  Did you put any kind of protection on that source distribution when you created it?

Caleb W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(10,621 Views)

Our version of Signal Express is listed as activated and I did not add any security features to the source distribution when I created it. I also looked at all the options on the page at that point in the process to make sure there were not already security features being applied.  I think it was in a public access mode.  If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Physics Aide

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(10,591 Views)

Hi Physics Aide,

Are you able to run Signal Express using a different VI?  It sounds as if this error is coming from the source distribution.

Caleb W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(10,575 Views)

We have a Horiba iHR320 spectrometer that we are trying to interface with Signal Express.  I have created a successful source distribution from a personalized Labview program that controls the spectrometer, checked to see that the license manager is activated on Signal Express and Labview, and have followed all the instructions of the previous postings.  When I try to pull the Labview program up in Signal Express I get an error message that says "SDK Hardware Key Not Found".  Is this a Signal Express error or a hardware error with the spectrometer? Has anyone successfully linked a Horiba spectrometer with Signal Express?

Physics Aide

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(10,329 Views)

Hi Physics Aide,

I would suggest running a different LabVIEW VI with Signal Express and see if you get the same error.If you can run another LabVIEW VI that does not use the spectrometer then the problem would be Signal Express interfacing with the spectrometer VI. If you get this same error with any VI then there is some setting with Signal Express that could be causing this. 

Aaron W.

Message Edited by Aaron W. on 12-11-2008 01:12 PM
Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(10,308 Views)

Dear Physics Aide,

I've been programming a JY 320i and CCD camera as well.  Have you had any trouble with the VI's to control the CCD camera that are available from JY?  Everything was working fine, but then we had to get a replacement camera of the same model. Now with the new camera, I can run the VI once and everything works fine, but if I close Labview and try to run it again, the VI hangs during one of the ActiveX property nodes, but never displays an error message.  Have you encountered anything like this?

Many Thanks,

Ike R
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(10,164 Views)

Ike R,

We have a PMT instead of a CCD camera on our spectrometer.  Besides some initial updating of the JY LabVIEW files we haven't had any issues running them in LabVIEW.  Sorry we couldn't be of any help. 

Lab Aide

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(10,099 Views)