From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple 872B VXI read write

Hi all,

I am working with the 872B vxi controller.  I tried using the register write and read but don't get any results.  I don't get errors.  I would like to write to a specific location and read the same location.  I should read what I wrote at the location.  However, all I read is a zero.  Anyone have any insight on what maybe happening?

other info

LabVIEW: 7.1

thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,987 Views)

Hello Jose,

I'd like to get some more information on your application.

• What modules or devices are you trying to send and receive commands from?
  • How are you sending the commands (VISA, RLP, etc.)?
  • What commands are you sending?

Any other information on your configuration could help diagnose what's going on with your VXI system. Thanks.

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,978 Views)

Jake,

I am sending the commands (VISA) via High level registers.  The modue I am tring to write to is the slot 0 controller.

I am sending commands via "VISA Move out 16" to write and "VISA In 16" to read.

Hope that helps.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,974 Views)

If you're programming in C, you can try this example to see if your results improve. If you are using LabVIEW, I would recommend trying this one. Otherwise, what software interface are you using to send/receive VISA commands (LabVIEW, Measurement & Automation Explorer, etc.) and can you post screenshots of your software configuration?

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,964 Views)