VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MXI-2 causes Windows XP Pro w/SP3 to freeze

Solved!
Go to solution

These are the specs on the test machine that is freezing with the PCI-MXI-2.

Motherboard: C7P67 (supermicro)

Mobo has no on-board video so I have tried three different PCIe video cards...

Currently installed: Geforce GT 430 DDR3

RAM: VS2GB1333D3 (Corsair) total: 8GB RAM

PSU: 550W

No other peripherals are installed.

We have 2 PCI-MXI-2 cards and both freeze Windows XP Pro w/SP3 on boot.

It gets to the desktop and then about 30 seconds everything is frozen, unresponsive keyboard/mouse, nothing...

Removing the PCI-MXI-2 card causes the OS to function correctly. 

I have installed the NIVXI331 software for the driver. We have tried another C7P67 motherboard, same issue. 

I have also tried different BIOS revisions as well as the latest BIOS for the mobo, same issue. 

We are trying to fix this issue with this particular motherboard(C7P67) for our customer. 

I did read the manual for the PCI-MXI-2 card and the U17 switches matches what is on the card for "normal" operation (switches 1, 2, 3 are "off" except for switch 4 "CT")

I have also tried both PCI slots that are available on the motherboard, same issue.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,965 Views)

Hello,

I've got a couple questions for you:

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows XP?

What do you have connected to the MXI 2, or are you booting without anything connected?

Were these MXI cards recently working on another system, or was it sitting on a shelf for a long period of time, etc?

The first thing I'd suggest you try is resetting the EEPROM to defaults. If the configuration stored there isn't valid, or isn't compatible with the motherboard you are using, resetting to defaults will often clear it up. Directions are on pg B-3 (pg 94 of the pdf) of the Reference Manual.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370476b.pdf

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,941 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author el_cid

Thanks for your reply! For some reason the cards are now functioning with the motherboard. Nothing was changed.

That was odd. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,935 Views)