From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1074118136, PLL could not phase-lock to the external reference clock.

Hi Jon:

1. I've ran all the self-tests and they passed.
  2. The link you specified lists the same error number (-1074118136), but the error message is different, so I'm not sure how it is applicable.
  3. I have swapped the 5673 instruments around, but still get the same errors on the same slot when I do the programming.
    1. I can attach a log from the NI-SPY, if it may be helpful.
  4. NI-FGEN Soft Front Panel fails on all the instruments right now. It used to work fine on the first one (the right most in the chassis).
    1. Returns the following error:
    2. Instrument specific error
      Invalid Output Mode - NIFGEN_VAL_OUTPUT_FUNC not supported on this Signal Generator.

-Ilya.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,426 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The reason you are receiving the error  when calling "niRFSG_WriteArbWaveformComplexI16" is because this function call implicitly puts the device into the "commited" state when using the NI 5673.  This is reflected in the NI-RFSG Help under the article titled "NI-RFSG Programming State Model".  When transitioning to the committed state, the driver validates the specific configuration, which includes checking the status of the PLL.

I've noticed it's been about a year since you've last seen this issue.  Can you think of any changes that have been made to either the hardware connections or your code that may have caused this?  I'd like to isolate the issue to either being with the setup/programming or with the devices themselves.

Jon

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,407 Views)

Hi Jon:

Thank you for the explanation of the "niRFSG_WriteArbWaveformComplexI16".

I cannot think of any changes in the code. It is the same as before, I'm pretty certain about that. The fact is that these cards were giving me problems in the past. There was some error during the self-test, if I remember right, that went away after reboot.

How do you think this problem can be isolated? I can send you the SPY log to make sure. Why is the soft panel failing?

I have swapped the cards around, but the error is still the same in the same spot. Could the cables fail? Those thin blue ones.

-Ilya.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,402 Views)

Hi Jon:

I'm starting to believe that there is some intermitten problem with the cabling (or HW).

So I tried all the cards in the first slot - the LabVIEW example ran fine.

Then I put th esystem together (the order was different than a few days ago) and it ran fine. No errors.

Not sure how to make sure this error doesn't come up again. Another problem is that it may be masking something else also.

-Ilya.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,337 Views)

Hi,

My guess is that it's with the cabling or connectors.  I would make sure that all the cables are functioning properly.  You could also check for any faulty or damaged connectors.  This KB describes how to identify a damaged connector as well as best practices for making the connections.

Jon

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,308 Views)

I have two daisy chained NI PXIe 5673. But for the meantime, I only have to transmit one RF signal at 915 MHz. What is the correct clock source for this setting? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,274 Views)