Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect PCI6070E, 64 Chan DAQ board to 3 SCXI-1120D boards set in parallel mode.

You won't find any thing out there about this board. It's one of those things they don't market or talk about. I had to threaten to build my own connectors to achieve this functionality, explained how I would do this and then they said well wait a minute, we might have something to do this for you. Using the hardware this way really isn't how it was intended to be used. But doing this saved me about a grand per test stand and saved me 3 PCI slots in the computer. I was 2 slots short.
You will have to call tech support to get this part number and information on it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,669 Views)
The connector you are asking from will probably not be helful for you since you are using M Series. M series will support connecting two SCXI-Chassis in the future, so I suggest you keep checking.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,668 Views)

Sergesl,

Not to be too critical but your comment about the M series supporting two scxi chassis in the future doesn't seem to have any relevance to being able to run 4 scxi cards in parallel mode connected to 1 DAQ card.

This 4 to 1 connector PN160405A-01 allows you to connect a 100 pin 64 channel DAQ card directly to an adapter that splits the lines to 4 - 68 pin connectors on the opposite side of the PCB.  Those 4 - 68 pin connectors are alligned perfectly to connect to 4- SCXI-1349's that are connected to be back of 4 SCXI cards (like the 1120D) that are set up in parallel mode.

This gives you two advantages.  The first and most important, you are not stuck with the slow SCXI clock (333KHz)  This is 333KHz divided by the number of channels you want to acquire.  If you have 24 channels, as I do, the maximum scan rate is just shy of 14KHz.  The slew in time between channel 1 and 24 is 72uS.  Depending on your application this could be big.  (1120D bandwidth is 22.5KHz)

Second, if you desire to use the SCXI cards in parallel mode you need to use a seperate DAQ card for each scxi card.  If you have 4 scxi cards in parallel mode you need 4 pci slots in your computer.  That can be pretty difficult to find.  This option allows you to use 1 DAQ card and have 4 scxi cards in parallel mode.  This saves a lot of money per set up.

Hopefully I was able to shed some understanding about what this 4 to 1 adapter does.  If your application is slow, by all means stick with the the normal SCXI multiplexed mode.  Just remember, SCXI cards (except 1) don't have simultaneous sample and hold circuitry.  The channels are read in series, one per clock pulse at 333KHz.  The e-series devices actually works the same way but using a much faster clock.  1.25MS/s in the case of the 6071.  The 6255 could be a better solution now but wasn't available at the time the system was designed.

dvs

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,403 Views)

@sergesl wrote:
The connector you are asking from will probably not be helful for you since you are using M Series. M series will support connecting two SCXI-Chassis in the future, so I suggest you keep checking.

Hello sergesl,

I have been very patient and have kept checking every few days.

I am starting to loose hope.

Could you please give us an update.

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(707 Views)