Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN warning 1073094699

I have an application that has been running fine for months, but today I am getting the CAN 1073094699 warning. None of the hardware or cabling has changed.  The app is written in LabVIEW.  I can't see any software issue that would cause the problem either.  

I found this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/CAN-HARDWARE/m-p/174345/highlight/true#M101...

, but it wasn't helpful.

I am opening the NI CAN device, communicating with one CAN instrument and then closing the CAN device.  I am getting the error after starting/stopping communication with the device during the testing. 

Any suggestions?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,493 Views)

Some basic info please, such as Baud Rate, Hardware, cable lengths, how things are terminated, cable topography, possible noise sources..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,491 Views)

Baudrate: 500000

NI USB-8473 CAN interface

NI CAN cable 192017-02, cable connects directly from interface to CAN device.  I need to double-check the termination at the other end.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,486 Views)

Great answer to the question.

Wait, there was no answer to this question...  😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,048 Views)

I never really found a fix to the root problem.  I was able to mitigate the issue by doing a CAN reset.

@mikie wrote:

Great answer to the question.

Wait, there was no answer to this question...  😞

>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,038 Views)