Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 8473

Hi,

I have different NI USB-8473 (High speed CAN) CAN interface modules.

With one I have a blinking USB-LED (orange), that indicates a code of 12 times slow blinking and 8 times fast blinking.

Another module will not work with my application.

In Measurement & Automation Explorer I see that the hardware is pressent. (Devices and Interfaces -> USB-8473 -> CAN0)

A self test is passed and all information is correct, but I can't get contact w

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,796 Views)

I think you message was cut off. What I gathered was that you have two USB-8473 modules. One of them does the orange blinking of 12 then 8. The other one passes self test, but cannot talk to your device?

I presume the one that is blinking 12 then 8 does not pass self test?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,791 Views)

Hi,

I have different NI USB-8473 (High speed CAN) CAN interface modules.

With one I have a blinking USB-LED (orange), that indicates a code of 12 times slow blinking and 8 times fast blinking.

In Measurement & Automation Explorer I see that the hardware is not present. (Devices and Interfaces) and a self test will not pass.

Another module will not work with my application.

In Measurement & Automation Explorer I see that the hardware is present. (Devices and Interfaces -> USB-8473 -> CAN0)

A self test is passed and all information is correct, but I can't get contact with my application. (IQANdesign - Parker Hannifin)

When exchange it for a new module the CAN-communication is OK.

Kind regards,

Hendrik Dijkstra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,787 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your posting in this forum.

For your first part, I didn't get your point. If you cannot see the hardware, how did you check the self-test?

In the second part, if you see the hardware and pass the self-test, you cannot be sure that your hardware works properly.

But if you change the module and you can configure your hardware, it means that perhaps the other modules are damaged.

Could you let us know what the exact issue is?

thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,768 Views)

Hello Hoesein,

thanks for Your comment.

The exact issue is that I have a blinking code that will say something, but I don't know what.

Therefore I poted this issue to get an explenation of this blinking code.

Maybe the conclusion will be that I have to buy a new USB8473.

The second explenation is clear to me. When Measurement & Automation let pass the self-test, will not say that the USB-8473 is working fine.

Hendrik 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,766 Views)

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your fst response. You are right. 

I hope that with your new hardware you can go further and if you have any question doen't hesitate to ask it from us.

thanks and regards,

Hosein

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,763 Views)

Even I am also facing same problem..

If I do 50 irritation..after 25th irritation "CAN1"  it's failing continuously ..that time if I switch off for 15min then started means it's working fine.but CAN2doesnt have problem..any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,204 Views)