cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbrio sntp server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I know it's possible to synchronize a cRIO controller with SNTP server (condition : OS running on cRIO is VxWorks) :

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2B057C72B537EA2862572D100646D43?OpenDocument

Is it possible to do the same thing with sbRIO ? (for VxWorks it's OK, it's running on it)

Thank you for any answer,

J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,824 Views)

HI Krsone,

Yes it is possible as with a cRIO.

Refer to  this document (part : Using the System Clock to Provide Data Timestamp)

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
(5,791 Views)

Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry, I should have been more precise : I'm using sbRIO-9631 and there's nothing in the specifications about SNTP synchronization.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,774 Views)

Oups, I'm not using 9631 any more, I'm using sbRIO 9612 : so is it possible to perform SNTP synchronization with this platform ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Julien_31

Yes, the same can be done for the sbRIO-9612. You will just follow the same instruction set as VxWorks based CompactRIO controllers.

Carlton
CLA
Message 5 of 6
(5,617 Views)

Hello,

Sorry if this thread is very old, I'm trying to configure sbRIO 9642 and 9612 to use SNTP to update their time, and I followed the guide posted above, however nothing happens upon reboot and I see no logs (/ni-rt/system/ts_sntp_log.txt does not exist).

I rebooted, flashed the image again, made sure the NI-timeSync software was included, all to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,098 Views)