PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installtion Labview RT on PXI Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

If we sell the controller as an RT controller, it's supported.  The only "gotcha" is the PXIe-8130, we actually sold two different versions of the hardware for that controller (one windows-compatible, one RT-compatible).  

Specifically, the PXI-8196, PXI-8106, and PXI-8108 are all supported as RT controllers.  Just make sure you have the appropriate RT licenses (an RT license is not included with Windows hardware purchases).

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,118 Views)

Hello,

How do I enable dual boot on PXIe-8135? I require LabView RT and Windows 7 on the controller. If I follow the format option provided it deletes all partitions and formats the HDD with FAT or Realiance format. However Win 7 Pro requires NTFS.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards

Sheik

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(2,055 Views)

SheikA wrote:

How do I enable dual boot on PXIe-8135? I require LabView RT and Windows 7 on the controller. If I follow the format option provided it deletes all partitions and formats the HDD with FAT or Realiance format. However Win 7 Pro requires NTFS.

If you purchased the controller with an RT license, you should receive a PXI Recovery CD.  The Recovery CD is what's used to set up the partition on your disk drive and install Windows, and it can also set up your partitions for dual-booting Windows and RT.  What it does in the dual-boot mode is place a FAT32 partition at the beginning of your disk, places an NTFS partition on the remaining drive, and installs Windows on the NTFS partition.  This can only be done with the PXI Recovery CD, and cannot be done with the RT utilities that can be placed on a USB Flash Drive from MAX.

The PXIe-8135 likely has an Acronis partition built into it still (if you haven't wiped it with the MAX PC RT USB Key) and you can use it like the Recovery CD.  Here's a KB that describes the Acronis process.

It's essentially the process that's referred to in this KB (just ignore the fact the KB is intended for XP).  

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(2,049 Views)

Hi

I have a NI PXIe - 8135, we run both "Windows 7 64bit" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" operating systems on PXI.

I want to run both operating systems simultaneously on PXI. So in NI tutorial found that NI Real-Time Hypervisor for Windows software enables to run simultaneously (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11801/en/ )

In this link in section "1. Factory Preinstallation" said this software is preinstalled, but I can't find in this path [ Start >> Program Files >> National Instruments>NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager]

Then I decided to install it and found that  NI Real-Time Hypervisor 3.0 for Window software supports Windows 7

but I can't found Hypervisor patch version 3.0 (http://www.ni.com/en-rs/support/downloads/software-products/download.hypervisor.html )

Please help me how to run "windows 7" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" simultaneously on PXI?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(905 Views)

Great Explanation! - The most significant challenge to solving problems is between your two ears; the best solution is a carefully written explanation. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(353 Views)