From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication wuth pxi 1042Q chassis & PXI 4472B through NI 8360 express card

Hi

I'm using the 2012 Developer suite and I'm trying to set up a vibration anlaysis system using the 1042Q chassis with the PXI4472B 8 channel module. I'm using adell laptop (E6510) with the NI 8360 express card.

The power & link Leds are green. I'm using the MAX explorer.I have I identificed the chassis as a PXI (external PC) which has now shown up under the devices and interfaces. If I click on the chassis, I see slots 2 through 8 with 'Unknown/empty' for the model name. My question is how do I tell the sytem that I'm using the PXI4472B module? (see attached image)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,116 Views)

Hi chas2,

Please right-click on PXI-1042Q "Chassis 1" and select Configure... From here you can select which modules are in your chassis. Hope this helps.

Best,

Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,103 Views)

thanks, Ifound theproblem,I thought the laptop had the latest BIOS but it did not, I updated the BIOS now and it works fine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,067 Views)