Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help wiring a Delta Tau UMAC to interface with labview.What is needed?

Here is an example for communicating with a PMAC.  You don't have to open and close with each command.  Actually, I usually just use the open once at the beginning of a program, then don't use the close.  You can either query the PMAC or just send commands using this VI.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(3,561 Views)
Thanks for all your help,
I'll keep you posted.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(3,556 Views)
Thank you for Brain Beal's material
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(3,337 Views)

Hi, Brain Beal. Thanks a lot for your material attached. But unfortunatelly, My Labview version is 8.2.1, so I can't open your VIs in folder PMAC example written by Labview 8.5. Could you please kindly save it as earlier version VIs? Thank you!

My mail box is xu.wang@delphi.com

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(3,335 Views)
Here they are in 8.2.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(3,329 Views)
Thanks a million, Brain! You are a great person! May I have your mailbox?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(3,312 Views)

HI there Brian Beal,it's me cysyfforever

Thanks you so much for your reply,you truly are a great person

here is my problem:

I've ran into the trouble of how to control and communicate with the PMAC and UMAC recently,(type:Turbo PMAC2 clipper card and UMAC CPU Control),I‘ve downloaded the examples you've posted before,but it turn out that the drivers and the ActiveX files of the PMAC has already changed that I cannot run you VI even after I setup the PMAC softwares,I tried to creat VIs the way you did but I just cannot find the Pecommserve,I guess it has changed to the Pmacserve so I used the Pmacserve instead but errors just come up,I was so confused and I cannot find any other example neither,could you help out,I would be very very appreciate your help,Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(2,354 Views)

PS:the motion that I want to do with the PMAC is:linear motion and Sinusoidal movement,would that be hard?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(2,351 Views)

I just set up a new Clipper this week with Labview using the same VI's.  What Delta Tau software package did you install?  I noticed that there is an error in the PcomGetRespEx.vi that I posted.  It has a spare VI in the block diagram.  Delete the Pcom Open Close VI.  You need to be sure to set up the PMAC with the Delta Tau software.  Can you communicate using Pewin32Pro2?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(2,340 Views)

It depends on how well you understand the PMAC.  You must have a good understanding of the PMAC before you can control it from Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(2,338 Views)