From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationalInstruments.Common

Installed 8.7.2. When running Visual Studio 2008, C#, Visual Studio cannot find NationalInstruments.Common. It worked fine with 8.7.1. How do I fix this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(14,180 Views)

Hello Mike,

Did you select the option to install the drivers for .NET Framework 3.5 Languages Support? If you go to Control Panel»Add/Remove Programs»National Instruments Software and select Change/Remove. You should be able to select the Modify option for DAQmx 8.7.2 and select the option for .NET Framework 3.5 Languages Support.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem. 

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(14,159 Views)

Hi there,

I have an similar problem with installed NI-DAQ v8.8. We use Visual Studio 2008 with C#. I installed .NET 3.5 Packages with NIDAQ and NI488.2. Now we added all references from the new Folder "C:\Programme\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2008\DotNET\Assemblies\Current" to our project. 

Following DLLs are used:

NationalInstruments.Common  8.5.35.149

NationalInstruments.DAQ         8.8.35.13

NationalInstruments.MAX          8.5.35.311

NationalInstruments.488.2        8.5.35.308

NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional 7.1.0.306

Now the problem is, I can't build the project:

Der Typ "NationalInstruments.ComplexDouble" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NationalInstruments.Common, Version=7.1.0.243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541" hinzu.

When I add the older Reference NationalInstruments.Common 8.5.20.149 then it is possible to build the project. What's wrong between 8.5.35.149 and 8.5.20.149?

Greetz
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(14,064 Views)
Hi Manooch_H, the recommended progress did not solve my issue and I'm expiriencing still the same problem like: Error 1 The type 'NationalInstruments.ISynchronizeCallbacks' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=8.1.11.415, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541'. c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET1.1\Digital\Read Values\ReadDigPort\cs\MainForm.cs 87 13 ReadDigPort Could you provide some more support for me? Thank you best regards Jan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(13,653 Views)

Hello Mike and Jan,

Usually, this is caused because of an old version of drivers used with a new version of Measurement Studio, or an old version of Measurement studio used with a new version of drivers. To narrow this down, could you please answer the following questions:

1. What version of Visual Studio are you using?

2. What version of the .NET Framework are you targeting (if you are using Visual Studio 2008)? 

3. What drivers are you using and what are their version numbers?

4. What version of Measurement Studio are you using?

Thanks 

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(13,616 Views)

I inherited source codes and dll. This program was developed using .Net 2.0 using NationalInstrument.common version 8.5.20.147. But this file was not found in the directory so I copied a newer version 9.0.20.610 in the directory. When I compiled the program, it shows a error message "The specified module could not be found"

How can it be fixed?

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(11,600 Views)

Hi Jay, 

What version of Measurement Studio and Visual Basic are you using? Could you also describe your application? Are there any DAQmx calls being made? Can you also please attach a screenshot of your error code? It would be much appreciated. I look forward to your response and hope you have a great day!

Regards,

Jackie

DAQ Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(11,577 Views)

I am also having this problem.  Please can you tell me how to resolve this?  I cannot find this "NationalInstruments.Common" file on my computer.  Where can I get a copy?  The 3.5 language support pack mentioned above has never been installed on this PC.

I was trying to load the "SimpleReadWrite" C# example from the examples folder.

I get these 4 errors...

Error 1 The type 'NationalInstruments.ISynchronizeCallbacks' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541'. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-488.2\Examples\DotNET2.0\SimpleReadWrite\cs\MainForm.cs 23 24 SimpleReadWrite.2005

Error 2 The type 'NationalInstruments.ISupportSynchronizationContext' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541'. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-488.2\Examples\DotNET2.0\SimpleReadWrite\cs\MainForm.cs 23 24 SimpleReadWrite.2005

Warning 3 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. SimpleReadWrite.2005

Warning 4 The referenced component 'NationalInstruments.Common' could not be found.

I'm using Windows XP (SP3), VS2005 and "ni4882_300.exe" was used to install all of the GPIB stuff.  The"Measurement & Automation" is installed correctly and works as expected.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(11,160 Views)

I tried running the NI installer again and now I'm having more luck.

The 4 previous compiler errors have vanished and are replaced by...

Warning 1 Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.

I don't know what to do about this.

The program runs and seems to be able to communicate with my Tek TDS2024 scope - I have been able to take a voltage reading using the following commands...

AUTOS EXEC\n                       //(then click "write" button)
MEASU:IMM:SOURCE CH1\n             //(then click "write" button)
MEASU:IMM:TYP PK2\n                //(then click "write" button) 
MEASU:IMM:VAL?\n                   //(then click "write" button and "read" button)

How worried should I be about that warning message though?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(11,151 Views)

The warning is essentially telling you that you are referencing a higher version of NationalInstruments.Common than what the other NI assemblies in your project were built against. If you double-click the warning, it will bring up a dialog that allows you to add an app.config file. The app.config file will instruct the application to use the higher version instead of looking for the expected version. This will get rid of the warning.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(11,116 Views)