Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GenVoltageUpdate .NET Example - error when deployed

Hey Marqus, 

I tried working doing a number of the installations, and I noticed that the NIDAQ970f0Core.exe does not allow for .NET support but the Run-Time (configuration with MAX) does allow you to install the .NET 3.5 support. What version of .NET did you use to make the installer? I went and installed all versions of the DAQmx 9.7 and was not about to get your distributation working with them. I also looked further into that picture of the error and it found it is a fairly generic one. If you can add some more robust error handling we can get a more specific error and find out what exactly is missing:

http://www.csharp-examples.net/catching-unhandled-exceptions/

This little examples allows us to handle different types of errors and it shows up in a pop-up window. Let me know the results of this if you get a chance.

Best Regards,

-KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,822 Views)

Hi Kurt,

I used .NET 4.0 but aware of the NI driver error I compiled it in .NET 3.5.

Now it’s difficult to replicate the error because I already installed the NI drivers with the “Run-Time” option and my application works on my computer and a few deployed computers.

I will try to find a NI drivers “clean” computer and run my application with try and catch and get more details about the error.

Thank you,

Marius Raducanu   

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,818 Views)

Hi Kurt,

In the attachment is the new version of my application with try/catch error handling in main.

Regards,

Marius Raducanu

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,815 Views)
Hey Marius, When you compiled it on your computer, were there any new errors to report? These executable can be really particular with what they require and I was wondering if there was a machine you tried this on.
Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,806 Views)

Hi Kurt,

I have only one warning in my VS2010 solution:

“Warning             1              The target version of the .NET Framework in the project does not match the .NET Framework launch condition version '.NET Framework 4 Client Profile'. Update the version of the .NET Framework launch condition to match the target version of the.NET Framework in the Advanced Compile Options Dialog Box (VB) or the Application Page (C#, F#).               C:\...\RFID Pressure Simulation.vdproj   RFID Pressure Simulation”

The project is set to compile for .NET4.0.

I am reluctant to change any settings right now because I have a close deadline for this project and I don’t want to mess something up.

Regards,

Marius Raducanu

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,802 Views)