Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio Idea Exchange

Do you use Measurement Studio regularly? Would you like to influenece future releases of the product?

National Instruments introduced the Measurement Studio Idea Exchange for submitting and voting on feature requests to be included in future versions of Measurement Studio. This is the most direct route of communication with the Measurement Studio R&D team and we are committed to reviewing every idea submitted via the Measurement Studio Idea Exchange, so start posting your ideas today!

Anna Kozminski

Measurement Studio Product Manager

National Instruments
Message 1 of 8
(15,829 Views)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(15,817 Views)

I am a user of Measurement Studio Enterprise 2013 for Visual Studio (VS) 2012.

I wonder when the next version of Measurement Studio will be available to support Visual Studio 2013.

There are a lot of errors in VS 2013 when I run Measurement Studio 2013 since it is not designed to support VS 2013 yet.

If you have schedule for next version of Measurement Studio to support VS 2013, please, share the schedule.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(12,490 Views)

Hi yparkway,

Changes to the release cycle of Measurement Studio were announced earlier this year, and the next release will be Measurement Studio 2015.  I am not aware of any exact dates, but you can read more about this at the link below:

Announcing Changes to the Measurement Studio Release Cycle: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/measurement-studio-users/blog

Thanks,

Myriam D.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,461 Views)

Provide a method to remove a channel from a task.  As far as I know, there are no ways to do this and in order to do it, I have to dispose of the task and create a new one with the new channels in it.  For what I am trying to do in my application, this way of doing it really throws a wrench into what I'm trying to do and the coding behind it.  In other words, a whole lot more coding and maybe even re-design of my application and UI simply because there are no methods to simply remove a channel from a task. 

This question was brought up once before in this forum (can a channel be removed from a task?) and from the date, it was back in '07.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,591 Views)

Hi busarider29,

The best place to provide feedback like this is on the NI Idea Exchange.  R&D looks at incorporating the best ideas into future versions of the product. You can post an idea or add your opinion on an existing one at ni.com/ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,580 Views)

Provide a Mathscript library so users aren't required to re-implement all their functions in native C++/C#. One example where where this would be useful is for performing complex math. Yes, there are complex classes available, but that requires rewrites, nesting of class calls, etc.

Message 7 of 8
(7,426 Views)

I swear it's mostly like that on the more populous tags. I hang out on [haskell] mainly and we're a lot nicer to beginners. We still get people that come along and get all mad when they get downvoted for clearly copy/pasting the same prompt that the last 4 askers actually showed effort on, and those users are quickly dealt with. We are happy to answer simple questions with honest, thorough answers, so long as you're willing to show some amount of effort. Rep whores are generally discouraged, and help vampires are usually pointed towards the SO tour. I think it's about the ideal size for the community, small enough to effectively self moderate and big enough get good answers for tough questions. The mega tags get drowned in the noise of low quality posts and are more motivated by the gamefication than helping people, they aren't effective in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,303 Views)