LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI Tips 'n Tricks

Hi,

Why cannot read out the string type data from the worksheet? I have one row and 5 columns in a excel sheet, my code is like follows:

func()

{

char cellStr[1][500];

Excel_ActiveApp(NULL, 1, LOCALE_NEUTRAL, 0, &excelAppHandle);

Excel_GetProperty(excelAppHandle, NULL, Excel_AppWorkbooks, CAVT_OBJHANDLE, &excelWorkbooksHandle);

Excel_SetProperty (excelAppHandle, NULL, Excel_AppVisible, CAVT_BOOL, VFALSE);

Excel_WorkbooksOpen(excelWorkbooksHandle, NULL, filePath, CA_DEFAULT_VAL,
                                             CA_DEFAULT_VAL, CA_DEFAULT_VAL,
                                             CA_DEFAULT_VAL, &excelWorkbookHandle);   

Excel_GetProperty(excelAppHandle, NULL, Excel_AppSheets, CAVT_OBJHANDLE, &excelSheetsHandle);

Excel_SheetsItem(excelSheetsHandle, NULL, CA_VariantInt(sheetNum), &excelWorksheetHandle); /* sheetNum equals 1, the first worksheet*/

Excel_WorksheetActivate(excelWorksheetHandle, NULL);

ExcelRpt_ReadData(excelWorksheetHandle, "A2:E2", ExRConst_dataString, cellStr[0]);

}

After excuating the code, cellStr has a  irrecognizable info. please advise how to get the right string value from the excel's cell.

thanks.

David

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 42
(2,078 Views)

Hi David,

you can find very useful informations into this post from Mert.

As an additional suggestion, please consider that this thread is not intended for normal question/answer.

You should create a new thread for new questions like this one: you gain better visibility (besides the fact that you are forced to pass by a search in the forum, which in this case would have indeed returned the thread I am pointing you to Smiley Wink )

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,068 Views)