From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Device Drivers 2016.08

I downloaded these yesterday (using the download manager), but when I try to unzip them, I get an error. Assuming a download problen, I retried the download with the same result. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,908 Views)
Can you specify what error you got?
-What is your PC OS version?
-Is this the first time you are installing or you had installed in this machine earlier?
-You can Verify Validity of My Downloaded Installation Files if the download is corrupt :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/48ADD3EC8940ACE886257D7B0061F542
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,890 Views)

I'm pretty sure I did exactly this a month ago, with no problems.  Just as a test, I'm currently repeating it.  I just successfully downloaded the "Downloader", an Executable that downloads "NI Device Drivers August 2016" as a .zip file.  It has 52 minutes to go, so I'll have breakfast and come back and tell you if I was able to open the Zip file (I expect that the answer will be "Yes" -- I was clearly able to do this a month ago, so expect this time will work the same way).

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,878 Views)

OK, I now have a file called DCD-Aug16.zip on my Desktop.  If I right-click it and say "Open with WinZip", it shows me two folders, DCD-Aug16-1 and DCD-Aug16-2, which mimics the two-DVD set that came with LabVIEW 2014.  Since WinZip is set as the program to open .Zip files, double-clicking the file produces the same result.  I'll note that when I did my download a month ago, the files that I unpacked resulted in a folder called DriverDVD, with two sub-folders called Vol1 and Vol2.

Just to be certain, I did a comparison of the two downloads.  They are substantially identical (the Creation Time for some of the folders differ by a few seconds), the .XML file that I think describes the Distribution differs slightly, and the files I just downloaded have a pair of AutoRun files added (I think my August download was intended to be a "single volume Install" -- the single Setup.exe includes not only LabVIEW and Toolkits, but also Drivers, all without "changing disks").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,869 Views)

Thanks for taking the trouble. I did this yesterday on a PC running Win7x64. Just now I downloaded again to a PC running Win 8.1x64. This time I had no issues extracting to the same USB stick. It seems that further investigation is nesessary regarding the original PC, but for now my problem is solved somehow.

If I ever find out what the original problem was, I'll report back here. It does seem PC/OS related on the face of it.

Thanks again,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,836 Views)
Windows file explorer "peeks" into .zip files. It will even allow you to open files from inside a .zip. But, to run the device driver installer you have to extract the files first.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,825 Views)

Yes, I was extracting them to my USB stick.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,821 Views)

Hi everyone,

It is impossible de find a valid link for downloading device drivers 2016.08.

At this below link :

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-august-2016/6262/en/

No link allowing to download appears...

What happen to National Instrument download links ?

Best Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,631 Views)

Do you have a valid SSP linked to your account ? 

The Link you gave works perfect for my, I get the option to download a large ZIP file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,622 Views)

I guess it was a bug since the link reappears this morning..

Thank you !

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,618 Views)