From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Raising a Mousedown or key down event

How can I raise an event pretaining to a listbox such as mousedown or keydown in LabVIEW 7? I read that something like this is possible but I am struggling to find an example
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,317 Views)
Here is an example that executes an event whenever an item is clicked on with a mouse.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,317 Views)
I mean programmatically raise this event. I know that if I actually click on this list box that this event will be raised, but lets say I want the event to be raised first thing when the front panel is ran? Or at any other time I want? How would this be done?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,317 Views)
Try this one. When you click the Activate listbox event button, it programmatically generates an event for the listbox.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,317 Views)
This still does not generate an event. It changes the value of the listbox but does not do it using the code inside the event case structure.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,317 Views)
You are right. It does not generate a mouse event, just a value changed event. The only way this example would work is to change the listbox event to value changed.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,317 Views)