LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send a picture to the back of my diagram?

In retrospect, after Knight Altenbach's comment about debugging nagged me for a while, I think that the bundle/unbundle approach is inadequate for my purpose, since it prevents easy probing. You would have to drop a cluster probe and somehow isolate the particular component you are interested in. It could become a challenge in those diagrams with a lot of pass-through wires...

I would definitely favor Altenbach's suggestion: A better way to define the output of unwired output tunnels although I am not sure how to address the debugging issue: would you drop a probe in the "default" case and have this probe updated as well when debugging, even though this case is never formally visited?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(550 Views)

Hey, I've got a really radical idea: Instead of worrying about how to hide wires, how about fixing the design and implementation of your code? It seems to me that the time would be better spent.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 22 of 25
(546 Views)

Well, I make a point of honor to have at least 10 pass-through wires and 50 cases in my GUI VI, so that's going to be a recurring problem.

So far, I haven't found a way of going around this, but it conforts me to know that others have solved that problem...

BTW, how's my signature?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(533 Views)

@X. wrote:

Well, I make a point of honor to have at least 10 pass-through wires and 50 cases in my GUI VI, so that's going to be a recurring problem.

So far, I haven't found a way of going around this, but it conforts me to know that others have solved that problem...

BTW, how's my signature?

I do not.  Have you heard the terms "Abstraction" or "Data Hiding"?  You really really don't need those 10 or more pass-through wires (What does the caller do with that data anyway?)

If I have a VISA wire on the top level vi BD, I "Failed"  Get over itSmiley Wink  I'd be happy to chat

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(438 Views)

I really like those wires, as they are a great memory helper. Having parameters hidden in some subVI-ed data container is a sure receipe for me to forget about them next time I come back to my code.

I just hate to have them visually interfering in all cases when I don't need them.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(391 Views)