From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Access Violation Crashes

I was getting one for while with LV 8.6 and 2011.  I was basically opening a serial port reference many times (after errors) and never closing the references.  I would expect that I'd get an open error before a system crash.

BugCheck A, {ffdf, 2, 1, 806e4a8e}

Probably caused by : USBPORT.SYS ( USBPORT!USBPORT_DoneTransfer+f6 )

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.

Albert

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(2,695 Views)

Hi to all.

I am kinda new to Labview and I had this problem while changing from version 2012 in my laptop to another PC with 2014. I attached the VI. 

My problem relays on the access violation related to the user32.dll. I can't find where to change the path to user32.dll or %windir%\System32\user32.dll as this knowledgebase (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CE69D2C55480900486257B6A0037C327) sugests since I am not using a call library function node directly. 

I use the modules Mathscript RT and Control Design & Simulation. I also use VISA to comunicate with an Arduino via simple protocol. 

My program runs flawlessly on my laptop but when I try to use it in the other computer it crashes 10 sec after it starts. 

Some of the debugging I´ve made is to deattach my "Power Interface Circuit" to control a DC motor from the Arduino and this doesn´t seem to change anything. 

I would appreciate your help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(2,343 Views)

Hi There, 

Can you be more specific about your error? Is there any error code or an error windows pop up saying something?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(2,315 Views)

Hi, thank you fot your prompt response.

I've had 2 types of problems with the same VI I attached: BSOD and access violation. I did some research and appearently BSOD was because I had VISA running in asynchronous mode. I changed it and BSOD hasn't happened again. But I still get access violation 0x0000000C at EIP=00000000. 

I don't have the screens but I can get them if you need them. What I am really more interested in is... why does it run flawlessly in my laptop but I have problems in other laptop and pc with different versions of labiew (2012-2014). Do you see any problems with my VISA comunication programming? Is my program wrong in any way? I could attach you my code in the arduino if you want as well. I even have a VI and arduino code for testing arduino labview comunication only... if you have an arduino and want to give it a try.

Thanks for your attention. I would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(2,278 Views)

I had a similar problem last week. It was a corrupt vi. Worked fine on my pc but crashed LV on everyone else's. Copied the entire BD to a new vi and replaced the od vi and all my problems went away.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(2,262 Views)

Well... it seems that I have joined the Access violation 0xC0000005 community; I have described my problem in bigger detail here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Exception-Access-violation-0xC0000005-at-EIP-0x00000000309F9CA0/m-p/...

My problem is connected with App Builder API and TestStand. When I build (programmatically) an packed library and then try to update the prototypes in TS to get these new VIs (from lvlibp) i get the acces violation exception in the TS method responsible for loading the prototypes. 

I'm using LV 2014 and TS 2014...

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,836 Views)

As you may have noticed, it's generally not the best practice to bump a 2 year old thread as it's unlikely to be related to your specific issue.  When you do, one of two things typically happen:

1) The post gets ignored

2) People do reply here and it splits attention away from your actual issue.  This makes it harder for people that want to help you help as they now have to monitor two threads to know what's happened.

It looks like you've found a resolution that's helped you out.  But, if anything else comes up it'll help everyone involved to keep the content within the single thread.

Message 37 of 37
(1,823 Views)