LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP Multicast

Jeff,

I'm runnng labview 2009 on both machines.  I did not modify the examples.  Thanks for thinking about this.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,355 Views)

I did run the UDP multicast VIs at home and successfully broadcast some messages. I don't recall which computers I used so I can't say what the OS'es were. Why do you have to use multicast? Are you writing a client for a existing multicast server? If you are writing both the client and the server, I highly recommend the subscriber pattern. It worked well for me for the original problem that I posted and a multiple test system status monitoring program that I wrote later.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,341 Views)

Yes, I am writing a client for an existing multicast server.  This is why I have no choice and must use multicast.  My IT support discovered a corrupted registry for the firewall on the PC that I was running the example multicast server VI on.  The firewall may have been restrictive.  I have not gone back and repeated the example client/server example, but I am able to receive multicast from the pre-existing multicast server.  This was my ultimate goal all along, so life is good.  Thanks to everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,337 Views)

hi sir, can you please sen the UDP code to me for reference - rambefrank@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,251 Views)

Duplicate request!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,243 Views)