Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to spreadsheet file append

Solved!
Go to solution

@bobholmgren wrote:

@tbob wrote:

Use the polymorphic selector under the Read From Spreadsheet vi to select String and it will read everything as strings.  Then your labels will remain intact.

@Dennis Knutson wrote:

Read From Spreadsheet does not only handle numbers. See the little box under the function (yours says 'Double')? Click on the arrow and change the type. You can also right click on it and do a 'Select Type'.

This is what is called a polymorphic VI. There are numerous polymorphic functions in LabVIEW.

Thanks!

I'm not seeing any of this, where is it?

I'm in Labview 7.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,390 Views)

Forgot that you were using such an old version.

There are instructions on the block diagram for making the function read data as strings. When you make those changes, save the modified VI in a new location with a different name.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,384 Views)

@Dennis Knutson wrote:

Forgot that you were using such an old version.

There are instructions on the block diagram for making the function read data as strings. When you make those changes, save the modified VI in a new location with a different name.

Ah, alright. I'll do that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,382 Views)

I've got it basically finished, but I have one issues left over to deal with. For some reason, my modified "Read From Spreadsheet File.vi" prompts for the filename EVERY time, even though its being fed the filename. Does anyone know why this is? 

I've attached it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,369 Views)

Look in the lower right corner.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,366 Views)

Done that one a few times myself....Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17