From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview for linux (Ubuntu 64-bit)

Solved!
Go to solution

@Pekko wrote:

Thanks for you all for the answers and help.  The solution was eventually really easy.  Namely, the helper binaries on the installation CD, ie. binaries in CD://Linux/labview/bin directory, are linked against 32-bit library libbz2.so.1.  But in Ubuntu, instead of libbz2.so.1 there is libbz2.so.1.0 (it is in the package lib32bz2-1.0).  The trivial and working solution is to make an additional symbolic link with

cd /usr/lib32

sudo ln -s libbz2.so.1.0 libbz2.so.1
 sudo ldconfig

After that the INSTALL script works fine, no need to run any getlib scripts.  NI engineers should correct this once for all by compiling statically linked binaries for INSTALL script to use.

Thanks Pekko,

That worked for me with Ubuntu-64.

🙂

Message 21 of 28
(8,327 Views)

I followed your instructions for the 2011 release of labview and Ubuntu 11.10 and I got this error:

/media/LabView/Linux/labview/bin/rpmq: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I tried the symbolic link solution to no avail. Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(7,768 Views)

Hello, for fixing the error you must do:

cd /usr/lib/

sudo ln -s ../lib32/libbz2.so.1.0 libbz2.so.1

sudo ldconfig

And all is done! You now can go ahead with the installation.

Good luck!

Message 23 of 28
(7,600 Views)

I have made some links of /lib32/libbz2.so.1, /lib32/libbz2.so.1.0 and /lib32/libbz2.so.1.0.4 to /lib and it worked fine for me.The Installation finished and now Labview is working...

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(7,318 Views)

Guys I didn't know we could use LabVIEW on Ubuntu at all!

I have tried LabVIEW for Linux 2013 on OpenSuse and there wasn't any problems exept for the application fonts (fonts for Menus, Palettes and ... ) which were not very nice. Plus I don't use OpenSuse at all and I'm an Ubuntu geek So I tried to install LabVIEW for Linux 2013 on Ubuntu 32 bit and it was installed without problems either (no need to do any of solutions on this topic which I found very surprising considering all packages are rpm and Ubuntu just installed them!! I don't know how) 

But I have that same problem with the fonts here eigher and it's even worse than OpenSuse and I almost can't see anything ! I took a snap which you can see in the attachments. So what can I do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(6,283 Views)

Hi, i'm trying to instal labVIEW 2014 on my ubuntu gnome 14.04 64 bit. I've tried the solutions posted in this formum, but i still get the same error:

/media/Cd/64-bit/bin/rpmq: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

please can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(6,152 Views)

Don't use gnome? try ubuntu picksie instead!Smiley Tongue

(sorry - tired)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(6,141 Views)

Hi, I've just installed labview2015 (version 15.0.1, 32bit) on ubuntu 14.04. (I've already allowed to run 32bit app on my 64 bit OS following http://askubuntu.com/questions/454253/how-to-run-32-bit-app-in-ubuntu-64-bit)

What I needed was:

1- (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/install-an-rpm-package-on-ubuntu-linux/)

$sudo apt-get install alien dpkg-dev debhelper build-essential

2- install 32bit library (http://askubuntu.com/questions/626153/installing-32-bit-libbz2-so-1-in-64-bit-ubuntu)

in terminal:

$sudo apt-get install apt-file

$sudo apt-file update

$sudo apt-file search libbz2.so.1

$sudo apt-get install libbz2-1.0:i386

3- then, as other wrote before:

$sudo ln -s libbz2.so.1.0 libbz2.so.1

4-insert LabView cdrom

$cd /media/*yourusername*/2015SP1LV-LinuxPro/32-bit/

$sudo ./INSTALL

installation goes and labview works great!

$cd /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2015

$./labview

thanks to all, hope will work for you

Message 28 of 28
(4,969 Views)