cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows XP mode/ Windows virtual PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Joel,

No, these are Dell Optiplex 990 PC's with I5 processors - not HP.  I'm just wondering if the kernel issue stated at the beginning of this thread is the root cause to why the USB-DAQ device isn't recognized after it is mounted in Windows XP mode under Windows 7.  I'm also using slightly older 9.2f DAQMX and is it worth the time switching to the latest 9.6.

Thanks,

synchron.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(593 Views)

Synchron,

I wouldn't rule out that document just yet. This document is not limited to the machines listed, it states "Some machines that are known to reproduce this issue are..."

Getting the latest version of DAQmx for your version of LabVIEW is a great idea and can fix many "mystery" problems, and it may very well fix this issue. Please reference this chart to see the latest version that is supported for your version of LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

Thanks,

Joel C

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(585 Views)

Sorry, Joel,  I didn't realize I was in the LabView section.  I am currently using the NIDAQ USB-6800 device in a Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 C# .NET environment and the application also uses NI Measurement Studio 8.6.

At this point, I have told my IT department to install native WinXP SP3 so I can get production workstations running.  I will look into trying to run under XPMode/W7 at another time.  I'm just surprised that so many other vendor H/W can cope with XPMode and that this simple USB DAQ is the one thing from keeping old Test Fixtures to run as new PC's are replaced on our production floor.

synchron.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(579 Views)