From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot open block diagram

As suggested I created a new VI which creates a VI reference to MyFaultyVi and queried the size of the front panel and block diagram, no problem getting front panel size but got the following error for the block diagram query,

'Property Node (arg 1) in Untitled 1
<APPEND>
Property Name: <b>Metrics:Size of Block Diagram</b>

The block diagram for <b>C:\MyFaultyVi</b> could not be loaded  but is required by this property or method'.

I could not find the property node that sets the lock state programmatically, can you tell me where I find this or how I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,979 Views)

Repair LabVIEW run time engine and restart LabVIEW. This is one of the possible solution i learned from some other thread in this forum for this kind of error. Post back.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,973 Views)

rjwon wrote:

I could not find the property node that sets the lock state programmatically, can you tell me where I find this or how I do it?

Sorry, it's an "invoke node". Try "lock state.set".

Message Edited by altenbach on 11-20-2009 11:20 AM
Message 13 of 33
(1,970 Views)

some answers to questions below:

1. What is your LabVIEW version? --- 8.5
  2. Is the VI inside a lvlib?  --- YES
  3. Is the VI currently also running as part of a different program or application instance? --- Its part of a different program but I've tried loading it on its own as well and no change.
  4. Is it a plain VI or something else (e.g. xcontrol facade).  --- Plain VI, no frills.
  5. Did you restart LabVIEW and only open that VI? Still the same? --- Yes and yes.
  6. Are you using source code control. --- sorry, I don't know what this is so I guess I'm not using it.

Sorry, theres some sensitive info inside which I cannot edit out because of this locked up problem so prefer not to attach fthe VI unless theres some secure means.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,967 Views)
Also, maybe try to save a plain copy outside the lvlib and then open from there.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,960 Views)

I believe...

Once a VI is saved as part of a protect library, it knows about it internally and can only be opened from the library.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 16 of 33
(1,951 Views)

Repair LabVIEW run time engine and restart LabVIEW.

Is this a pull down option or do I need to reinstall Labview or some part of it?

I have tried this out on several PCs at this stage so surely its unlikely all have a problem with run time engine.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,936 Views)
Thanks, I tried lock state.set Vi reference, selected unlock file but remains in locked (no password) and no error comes up. I also tried to lock with password protect and that works in that if you query state afterwards it confirms password protect, but again when you select unlock it still returns to locked(no password) option. 
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,933 Views)

Try it on the original machine in the same location and open it from the same project where you created it.

If that does not work you will have to call NI so they can work it off-line.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 19 of 33
(1,928 Views)

Try it on the original machine in the same location and open it from the same project where you created it.

Tried all that but no change, I guess its up to NI support now.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,876 Views)