LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Recognition with LabVIEW and Windows Vista

Hi Suneel.V,

I'm not too familiar with the voice recognition using MSAgent but you might want to try to check out there website as well to see what information is provided. As far as the languages LabVIEW is available, in addition to English, there are Japanese, German, French, Korean, and simplified Chinese versions of LabVIEW. I hope this helps!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 60
(3,598 Views)

This is an excellent demo. Very nice. Thanks for writing the program.  One minor detail. In the event loop inside of main.vi you have a timeout of 0 sec.  Users should change that to 60ms or more. If they don't, the CPU will go into over-drive and they will get the impression that the voice recognition is using way more CPU than it is. On my PC (dell Dual Core 1.8GHz) it was very acceptable at a few % and recognition with the limited vocabulary was actually surprisingly good. 

I tried this on my XP machine. I downloaded and installed the .NET3.5 framework before trying it out.

p.s. A good prank to play on someone is to demonstrate how good it is at recognizing and speaking back the words. Then when you get to the phrase "Hal turn yourself off", you can have it respond with "What do you mean, David?".  Man, it killed here.   Smiley Very Happy  

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 60
(3,477 Views)

Hi,

I have been watching the video uploaded http://www.ni.com/swf/flv/labview/us/vista/vr/ about the way to do voice recognition with Labview and Window Vista. I try 2find the vi that using in the Speech Recognizer - Fan Demo.vi...

Anyone can help me..??I'm still new with Labview...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 60
(3,341 Views)

Hi Cynde,

That code is not available online, but there are other speech recognition codes available.  Below is a link that you may find useful:

Voice Recognition Data Acquisition

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4477

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 60
(3,326 Views)

Hi,

I have some problem to do the Get Temperature vi after I go through the Voice Recognition Data Acquisition.vi...Is there anyone can help me with this..??

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 60
(3,249 Views)
What are you having trouble with specifically?  We will need information about what you are trying to do and the problem you are running into in order for us to help.
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 60
(3,210 Views)

Hi,

I got no ideal to how do the vi 4getting temperature...Is there any example 4me..?I'm really new with the LabView software...Sorry 4inconvenient...

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 60
(3,191 Views)
What hardware are you using?  How you get temperature is dependent on you are measuring temperature, so your VI will change depending on your application.  Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do?
Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 60
(3,177 Views)
I just want to do the UI that use for simulation purpose...I dont have any hardware with me...Any guide 4me..??
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 60
(3,171 Views)
In LabVIEW the user interface (front panel) and the code (block diagram) are linked.  You can set up indicators on your front panel and they will also be created on your block diagram.  You can simulate temperatures with a random number generator and then use a waveform chart to show it on the front panel.  Can you link a screen shot of the temperature front panel that you are trying to make?
Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 60
(3,150 Views)