From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate a staircase waveform in Labview

Lynn's example works just fine. However if you are graphing 1000 cycles over a few hundred pixels, you won't see much.

Here's a small correction to ensure that we retain an integer number of cycles. You may still need another tweak to subtract the first step from the delay. Shouldn't be too hard. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-07-2007 06:58 PM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,963 Views)

Hi Altenbach ,
Thank you very much all your help, you are the best programmer in this forum so I ask for your help once again. I did not know how to contact you so I used this tread. I have a program to command and read voltage sweep for a Keithley 2400, now I have a Agilent E5272A, but no program. Do you think it may be possible to convert that one to use with the E5272A?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,890 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,883 Views)

Mr. Knutson,

The reason I tried to contact Altenbach is because he helped me in the past with that same program I attached. He understood that I am a scientist with a million things on calendar and no time to learn to do what  you guys do or say(As I am shore you don’t have time to learn what I do, Nuclear Physics). Wright now this devise is operating with HT Basic, since it was me the guy that recommended NI for my new Lab. I feel the need to use it. I went NI because at my previous Lab. it worked. I don’t need somebody to tell me what to do because its hard for me to understand, I need somebody to show me what to do. I am not looking for help as a favor, I want help from somebody that helps because it’s his job, I expect to be treated like a client not a regular. Does NI have engineers for this kind of job? Can somebody that works for NI build this program for me?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,866 Views)
You could also have replied on the post that I linked to and gave an answer about controlling this new instrument. If you want to be treated as a client and not a user, you should advertise in the LabVIEW Job Openings forum. There are professional LabVIEW developers all over the world. Many of them are regulars on these forums.
Message 15 of 20
(1,857 Views)
I don't think you should decide who is ... or is not ... allowed to reply to your posts. There are plenty of contributors that are fully qualified to answer your question. All you need to do is start a new thread in the correct forum. Then just wait. 🙂

I am NOT a hardware guy and the last time I controlled an instrument was before VISA so I don't feel qualified at all to answer that question (and that's why I did not). 😮

If you have a problem with UI, performance, memory use, nonlinear fitting, fancy algorithms, obfuscated or obscure code, localitis, sequenceitis, or other serious conditions, I might be able to help. 😄

My e-mail address is "out there" but I do have a dayjob. I am very happy to share code that I already wrote for my own use, but I cannot do custom programming and code cleanup unless it relates directly to something I need for my own work. As Dennis said, there are plenty of contractors that can do that for a price and I certainly don't want to take away their business. In this particular case,  I am pretty sure you can do this job yourself. Most likely, all you need it to change some command strings. Have you seached for LabVIEW drivers for the new instrument?

Thanks for understanding. 🙂
Message 16 of 20
(1,838 Views)
Altenbach i admire your patience 🙂

Gaudier: most people here do not work for or at NI. they are people who help out of pure altruism and kindness. it takes time and effort, and should be rewarded with at least a kind word (and a 5star rating Smiley Very Happy
Personally i am indebted to them, and learning every day something new, and not only Labview!

also, my guess is there are plenty of academy and scientific people in this forum, who treat the same kinds of problems you are.
if you post your request more specifically we'll try to help 🙂

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 17 of 20
(1,810 Views)

I understand, I apologize for my last reply, after a long night, I let frustration speak for me. I will control my emotions and try to stay in the right forum for now on.

Thanks for you patience and respect.

And you are right, I can do this!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,778 Views)

If I want to generate a stairecase waveform which has a certain amplitude, say Vpp = 2v. How do I generate this type of form and adjust the step size without changing the defined amplitude.

Thanks,

Chenyu

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,109 Views)

@lcyuestc wrote:

If I want to generate a stairecase waveform which has a certain amplitude, say Vpp = 2v. How do I generate this type of form and adjust the step size without changing the defined amplitude.

What have you tried so far?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,104 Views)