LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

progress bar

We cannot help by looking at a picture of the front panel. Please show us your code and explain the steps how to reproduce the problem.

What is the meaning of "keep coming up"? Is this a subVI? An indicator?

If it is a subVI, is the front panel of it closed before you start the program?

What does the stop button do? (stop an inner loop, stop the program?)

What is the purpose of the while and FOR loops?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,846 Views)

ermm ok, i mean when i press the stop button the progress bar will show out

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,842 Views)

the stop on the above program is stopping the program

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,839 Views)

I don't see a stop button on your program.  Are you actually talking about the Abort button on the toolbar?

You have some architecture problems with your VI.  Why do you have 4 different parallel while loops each with its own event structure?  Two of those while loops are infinite because you have a false constant wired to the stop terminal.  Because of that, you are forced to use the Abort button to abort the program.  That button is meant for debugging purposes, to stop a runaway program in its tracks.  It is NOT meant for stopping a program under normal circumstances.

You need to redo your VI.  I don't know what you are trying to do, but you might need a state machine architecture.  You can probably do everything with a single loop and single event structure.  You have some Rube Goldberg pieces of code in there.  Wiring a Boolean to the Select function that has a True constant on the True side and a False constant on the False side makes no sense.  Eliminate all of that and just wire the boolean wire on through.

Message 14 of 16
(1,813 Views)

In addition to what Ravens Fan has said, you should shrink your block diagram to fit onto one monitor screen without having to scroll up and down and left and right.  You can get rid of a lot of white space by moving objects closer together.  As a general rule, if you can't fit all your code onto one screen, it's too big.  Use subvi's.  In your case, putting all events into just one event case will shrink the code to one screen.  There are exceptions to the rule where it is OK to scroll in the horizontal direction only.  But never in both directions.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,788 Views)

not getting exactly.. can u explain more this,, how to create property node

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,103 Views)