From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature reading from OMEGA data logger thermometer (model HH309)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Vidhi, 

As explained earlier in this thread NI does not make a device driver for this particular instrument so you will need to build a driver using VISA. You can refer to message 3 in this forum posted by medphysguy to find the instrument protocols for your device. You can decode which bytes sent by the device correspond to the temperature value being read just as medphysguy did. Hope this helps.

Best,

hfar2

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,583 Views)

Hi

Like medphysguy I  was also able to figure out which bytes contain the temperature. The question I have now is I would like to send charactor A and read the info back from the unit in the loop condition until when user presses a button, it will breaak out of loop and send charactor R  (it will change the Deg C to deg F ) to serial port one time and go back into the loop to send charactor A and read the info back.

Any idea how I can implement that?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,509 Views)

Hi diamond786,

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by send character A and character R and where those are being sent from exactly? The device to LabVIEW or LabVIEW to the device? 

Based on what you have explained so far it sounds like this is something which could be done using an Event Structure within a loop to capture the appropriate events and perform the necessary actiosn based on those might be something to look into. 

Best,

hfar2

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,493 Views)

Good Morning hfar2,

Device is Omega data logger themometer(HH309) and A is one of the protocols for serial interface. A will inquire all encoded data. R(Actually it is suppose to be C not R. I made a mstake) will toggle from Cdeg to fFdeg on display.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,465 Views)

Hello,

I finally got it going. I used case structurer.See attached file. My file needs a lot of improvement since I started using labview about a month ago. But for now it seemed to work and I can change the temperature reading using push button.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,458 Views)

Hello,

would you be able to share your code with the community, please?

I am trying to run a HH806AU and copied your block diagram, but I could not get it to work.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,168 Views)