From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize slider in UI Control Suite

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

i've installed UI Control Suite: NI Themed Custom Control Suite but it's not possible to change color of the slider, is there a way to customize this custom control?

Are there more custom themes that can be installed?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,072 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mariano76

Hello Mariano76,

I took a look to the library you are working on. You can access to the costrol edit panel as usual, then, in order to update properties like color, you can switch to the control edit mode. Doing so, you are right when saying that there's no way to have to color to be changed, however, keep in mind that you are trying to update an image, so it is suppose not to be editabel. By the way, I would suggest to right-click the component you are interested and select Import from File, then substitute the background with plain colored image as you want. It will work.

Concerning tha chance to get more NI Themes, you could refer to this Community Group Link, where you can get the most from both fresh libraries and experienced UI developers:

UI Interest Group

Let me know if you are able to overcome the issue.

Best regards

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,054 Views)

Thanks! It Works!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,033 Views)

Unfortunately the new customized control has now an undesidered behavior, when moving the slider the new background image i've putted becomes scratched, there is a sort of lag in refreshing background image and appears a shadow.

I've tried to put the new background image the same width and height of the control but it's the same..Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,018 Views)

Hey Mariano76,

Did you try to upload a different image file format? Are you showing the front panel from a remote panel or from the front panel? Could you attach the file in order to allow m perform some tests?

Thank you

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,009 Views)

Hi Logan ,

actually i've used png image format.

Sure, i attach the controls and related image file. I've used it as background for the full excursion of slider and also for the small piece in the lower part of the control.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,006 Views)