LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get windows print dialog box in LabView? How?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,733 Views)
hi

yes, you can (see attachment)

well, i'm sure tehre are several methods to show the dialog, e.g. WinAPI DLL-calls etc.

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,719 Views)
Hi,
i tried doing your way, but it says "error -2147221230 occured at unknown system error in showprinter.vi"
on analysing i saw that, the refnum passes '0' as output to property as well as invoke node. suggest me the appropriate, either another way of doing it or rectifying(if needed) in the present solution.
Regards,
Kinnary
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,705 Views)
hi,

well, there's a

PrintDlg in Comdlg32.dll, but that function needs a bad structure as input.

Visit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/commondialogboxlibrary/commondialogboxreference/commondialogboxfunctions/printdlg.asp

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

Message 4 of 9
(4,690 Views)
Hi chris,
Got the dialog box by first mathod itself. now what shall i do next. mean how do i print a vi using the dialog box. what input shall i give to "printer name" in print report.vi (report generation toolkit). at present it uses default printer.
regards,
kinnary
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,683 Views)
hi

see attachment (as always, there are several solutions...)

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

Message 6 of 9
(4,674 Views)
Hi Chris,
Both the solutions, show printer dialog box and printing of the vi, both are working fine individually. how do i co-ordinate both of them. mean i want the user to select the printer name from printers' dialog box. please suggest the soon.
Regards,
Kinnary
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,653 Views)
Kinnary,

The example program titled Print Panel to Selectable Printer will allow you to first select a printer, and then print the front panel of the current VI. This example is designed to be used as a SubVI.

Scott Y.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,619 Views)

Please post the "Print Panel to Selectable Printer.vi".  The above link is broken. I need a vi like this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,392 Views)