LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Request: Living Known Issues Document

In my earlier attempts in doing precision arithmetic with Time Stamps I neglected to check for overflow of the fractional seconds.  

Being off by a full second is certainly unacceptable!

Addition or subtraction of Time Stamps can be done with full precision if we cast each of them to a cluster of I64 and FXP<+,64,0>
then unbundle and do the math separately. If the fractional result is outside the range of [0,1] then it wraps, overflow is sensed
and the I64 result is adjusted by ±1 second. Then the results are bundled back together and cast to a Time Stamp.

Hopefully this is the last update... if anyone is interested, I have two VIs, one to add, the other to subtract, two Time Stamps with full precision.

Let me know by posting to this thread.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 64
(1,023 Views)

I discovered a reference to CVI in Bug ID 236193 in LabVIEW Known issues documents for versions 2016, 2015, 2014.

That ID is not present in CVI Known Issues documents (searched in 2009, 2010 and 2015)

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(932 Views)

Thank you for the heads up, I have create a CAR for the documentation with CAR ID 636203. This forum hasn't been posted on in a while, so feel free to create a new thread for issues like this in the future.

Maggie M.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
Message 63 of 64
(896 Views)

Well, I posted here following a link for suggestions on the known issue page: others could post here too, I think this page should be considered active until the link points here. 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(882 Views)