From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced scan vi agilent used for continous measurement

I'm not familiar with that error and I don't have a manual now. It should be listed there. You could try placing a delay in the while loop to slow the acquisition down.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 89
(867 Views)

ok..i will try calling agilent about the instrument error.

and i think because of this error, the channel is open juz for a few seconds and closing(i can see this on the instrument front panel). But the loop is continuing till we stop.

I will aslo try to include delay in the while loop as u said. and i will get back to u soon.

Thanks once again for ur valuable help and also for sparing your time

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 89
(859 Views)

Hi,

If i dont reset the instrument(using the boolean operation in the intialise vi) i am not getting the error:'DMM realy count data lost'. And I cant find in the front panel of the instrument that it is scanning. The channel is not being opened at all.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 89
(847 Views)

Hi,

I ran the vi and its reading the values. But i am facing another problem... each time it scans the readings(current and time) are stored in a 2D array but the values are being replaced by the new ones. How can i store readings after each iteration?

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 89
(829 Views)
You can use any number of file write functions. Try Write to Speadsheet File if you want to save to text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 89
(821 Views)

i am tryin to create a graph out of the values with time( a signal) ....the values are being replaced in each interation of the while loop ...also the relative time is not being changed with each iteration.... can u help me with this...

i am attaching the vi here....

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 89
(814 Views)

I guess you are using labview 8.6 ..but did you face any problems that i faced like having error while running in actual run mode.?

By the way what  is the speed of the data you are reading?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 89
(811 Views)
The vi you have attached does not seem to have any graphs?????may be you attahced the wrong file?
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 89
(810 Views)

hi,...im using labview 8.6...

i didnot attach any graphs...im tryin to create a graph from the readings (2d-array).... my vi is running fine.. the main problem is when the while loop is running... the dc current readings are being overwriiten the array...i mean....for the first iteration i have a value in the front panel readings array....for the next iteration the new value is being seen.....n so on...also the time is not being updated(relative time)....

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 89
(806 Views)

In order to write to a graph, you would have to first convert the data to numerics. In your case, you would probably be better off using a chart instead. Achart has history and a graph does not. In order to use a graph, you would need a shift register and a build array.

And, if my memory is correct, the relative time is not supposed to change. The relative time is between channels being scanned and you are scanning a single channel. 

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 89
(805 Views)