From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String box rejects input after built with App Builder

Exactly as I said above:  😄

"Could it be it is an indicator instead of a control? (this distinction is easily lost when overusing local variables)"

So not only does the program suffer from localitis and sequenceitis, it also requires edit mode for part of the use. Aarghhhh!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(345 Views)

Yet another argument against the overuse of local variables.

Edit: Altenbach beat me to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(343 Views)

And I understand what the OP is going through. Dealing with old inherited code. I'm sure he knows by now that sequences and locals are not good answers. But refactoring the code is probably not an option at this point either.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(322 Views)

@Robert Cole wrote:

And I understand what the OP is going through. Dealing with old inherited code. I'm sure he knows by now that sequences and locals are not good answers. But refactoring the code is probably not an option at this point either.

Rob

It depends. How long does this code need to exist and what is the likelihood it will need to be modified. If the answer to the second is very likely it may very well be worth the investiment to refactor it and get more maintainable code as a result. Later you may find adding new features will only take a few hours or days as opposed to weeks with the old code. Not to mention the chance for bugs will be much greater when modifying the house of cards like the old code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(312 Views)