LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 02/22/2010

Nice blog LabBEAN,

When I mentionned that I (aim to) wire all the error clusters was not for performance issues.  To some degree to avoid having the dialog popup for unwired errors.  However, the biggest reason is for exception handling.  As the code gets maturity, you want to capture the unexpected, which occasionally pop up as some error message.  Once you capture the error (be it log, etc), than you can decide what to do with it and how it's handled if it re-occurs in the future. 

Unwired error messages tend to be uncaptured or lost, and yet they may hold information to the smooth function of the application.  We can't know all of the unknown / unexpected, but it is wise to plan for it and learn from it.

R

Message 11 of 17
(1,684 Views)

Ray-

I remember admiring posts from "that guy with the Dilbert icon" (i.e. JLV) back when I was learning LabVIEW (2002).  Glad to have your support.

-Jason

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
Message 12 of 17
(1,630 Views)

LabBEAN wrote:

Darren-

Can you explain what the AEH build setting is used for? 

Is there a way to turn this *on* for EXEs, as implied by the build setting?  See Message 8 for more details.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,523 Views)
According to our App Builder guy (who got this info from our Run-time Engine guy), that Auto Error Handling setting does not do anything for EXEs.  Apparently it used to, but it doesn't anymore.  It is still relevant for Source Distributions, though.
Message 14 of 17
(1,501 Views)
Thanks for checking, Darren.  Can we get a CAR filed to correct it or show the box permanently unchecked for EXEs?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,495 Views)
I filed CAR# 211323 and included a link to this thread.
Message 16 of 17
(1,475 Views)

Hello Everyone,

CAR 211323 has been fixed in LabVIEW 2011.  You can find it in the LabVIEW 2011 Bug Fixes

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
Message 17 of 17
(867 Views)