High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NI-SCOPE 3.8.7

Solved!
Go to solution

I have not installed the Hardware as the software is not functional. It is mentionned in the manual to proceed in this order, I could run a self-test on a simulated digitizer though. I'll tell you if this works.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,044 Views)

I just tried to simulate my device (NI 5105 digitizer) in MAX. An error message showed up saying that the software required to simulate such device should be installed. From this, I understand that some crucial parts of NI-SCOPE were not installed, and this does not enable me to use my device even without LV real time module like you told me.

I still do not know how to fix it. I contacted a NI engineer by e-mail and must say that you were much more helpful than her so far, so thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,027 Views)

Hi,

I think the best thing would be now if I could review the installation history on your computer in order to attempt duplication of the error you are experiencing. Would you be able to create and send me a technical support report? You can create such a report from MAX by selecting the menu option File>>Create Report.. This report (in form of a zip file) will include a history of National Instruments software installations.

Could you please also attempt to create a simulated NI PXI-62xx (for example NI PXI-6224) and run self-test on this device?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,023 Views)

Shame on me! I am really sorry for making you losing your time, my problem was that I had not restarted the computer right after installing the software because somebody else was using it at the moment. Then I realised that a few minutes ago, I did restart it and tried the simulations which worked (both the one you recommanded and mine).

Are you positive though that the uninstalled features are of no consequence if I do not use any remote system? Won't I need the real-time module for example? (of which I ignore the function)

I am glad not having spent so much time on this, I hope you did not either.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,013 Views)

I'm glad everything is now working.

The feature you could not install (LabVIEW/LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Support) includes files required to deploy/install drivers to a controller (PXI) running LabVIEW Real-Time. They are not required in order to develop LabVIEW Real-Time applications themselves. For this you would need the LabVIEW (or LabWindows/CVI) Real-Time Module, which extends functionality in the development environments.

If, at a later point you do need the NI-SCOPE LabVIEW and/or LabWindows/CVI Real-Time support features than you install them by following these steps:

- Double click 'National Instruments Software' in Add/Remove Programs

- Select NI-DAQmx in the product list and click Modify,

to install the NI-DAQmx Real-Time support features

- Select NI-SCOPE in the product list and click Modify,

to install the NI-SCOPE Real-Time support features

Message 15 of 16
(3,011 Views)